PDA

View Full Version : Help-Think This Soup would come out OK?

RealLifeMama
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
I was planning to make this soup for dinner:
1 pound Spicy Breakfast Sausage
1 whole Medium Red Onion, Diced
2 slices Bacon, Diced
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
3 whole Medium Potatoes
1 quart Warm Water
3 cubes Chicken Bouillon
¼ bunches Kale, Roughly Chopped
½ cups Heavy Cream

But, then, as I have started reading the ingredients, I don't really have the right ones.
I have Italian sausage instead of Breakfast sausage, I have yellow onions instead of red, and my kale I discovered has freezer burn, so I would have to use spinach. Also, I have chicken stock instead of bouillon.

Think it would come out OK? I could just wait and make it another night, but I really need to use my sausage.

swimming with sharks
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
:yes:rockon totally..sounds :yum

Singingmom
01-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Absolutely! :tu

Ajani
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't imagine using breakfast sausage in soup, so I think Italian would be great!

RealLifeMama
01-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks
It came out OK. Just OK- Nothing to write home about. The reviews of the original recipe were really favorable, as it were the best soup ever. I might try it again one day with the original ingredients. I think that since my sausage was not spicy, and spinach is so mild in comparison to kale it was just kind of lacking in the flavor of the original.

Singingmom
01-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Aw, I'm sorry it wasn't fabulous. I make soup out of less exciting ingredients all the time, so it sounded good to me! I'll be interested to know what it's like if you do try the original recipe. :)