PDA

View Full Version : I need to knit something.

RosalieMarie
01-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm feeling lost in baby fog, and I need to knit. I picked up the blanket I started for G, but I only ever have enough time to do one or two rows. I need something I can see progress on.

I don't know what to make! All I ever make is baby/kid stuff. I have lots of wool for longies and such, but I've discovered I'm not a fan of wool on babies with super runny poop. :shifty

I have some amazingly gorgeous malabrigo from Blue Savannah. It's in my favorite colors, and it needs to be something for *ME*. I just don't know what. I'm really not a scarf/cowl person. :think

Kiara.I
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Hat? Stripe in a sweater? Fingerless gloves? Most beautiful tea cozy ever?

knitlove
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
What about a calorimitry http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

They are quick (2 or 3 hours of knitting) you will see progress and they are wonderful! ( :shifty I do believe the pattern is a bit off if you reed the comments on Revelry they can give you an idea)

Naked Camper
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Socks?

scrappyknits
01-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Ravelry has a few Knit a longs happening right now, or even a few "of the month" clubs (like square of the month, or sock of the month, etc)

Might be fun to join one and try something new!

Eowyn
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
You can knit longies for my baby of indeterminate gender. :giggle

It's winter. You need a hat. :yes Or a shawlette.

RosalieMarie
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking hat. :think Reb knit G the most adorable ear flap hat with tassells yesterday out of blue Blue Savannah yarn. I think I want one sort of like it for me. :grin

Wonder Woman
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I took a bunch of chullo hat patterns and made that - and OMGoodness he's ADORABLE have I mentioned that? :giggle

RosalieMarie
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I took a bunch of chullo hat patterns and made that - and OMGoodness he's ADORABLE have I mentioned that? :giggle

You should post the pic of your amazing (Seriously, I *need* a pattern, my brain can't function without one.) and FAST (:jawdrop) handiwork!