PDA

View Full Version : chicken made simple and veggies in white wine!

mezzBreath
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I know it might sound ridiculously simple, but lately I've been throwing a whole koshered organic chicken in my crock pot, without anything else (water or spices or anything), for 5 hours on high and it's melt-in-our mouths delicious by dinner!

Also, my sister taught me to make this scrumptious veggie dish:

Veggies a la awesomeness:

Slice one whole zucchini, an eggplant, and one whole summer squash about 1/4 inch thick.
I use cherry tomatoes whole, but you could also use a couple large tomatoes sliced 1/4
inch thick as well and definitely be sure to include some garlic and leeks if you have
them. Combine all veggies in a large ziploc bag with about 1/3 a cup white wine, 2-3 TBS of oil, salt
and pepper and some herbs. (if you wanna be green about it and skip the ziplock, i'm sure
you can mix in a bowl). I used fresh sage and oregano but some rosemary or marjoram would
also probably be tasty. In terms of amount i used about 6 sage leaves fresh and maybe
10-12 oregano leaves? Sorry, i never measure anything so take these all as approximate!
Layer the veggies evenly in a glass casserole dish and bake at 375 for about one hour (i
cooked at 400 for a half hour and then 350 for an hour and found the veggies to be a
little overcooked, so 375 for an hour is my best guess at what would work better)

Singingmom
01-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I need to be more creative with veggies, so I'm glad you shared! I think I might like a shorter cooking time too... :think

mezzBreath
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I need to be more creative with veggies, so I'm glad you shared! I think I might like a shorter cooking time too... :think

i've just cooked up these veggies stir-fry style in white wine, olive oil and salt and its super tasty! that only takes 10-15 min :)

musicmama
01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
:yum

I have a 4.5mo, too! :hug