PDA

View Full Version : where are the low /no sugar reciepes

4@LEARNING
01-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I thought there use to be a section for low/no sugar reciepes?
Iam I imaging it ?Where do I find them?:shrug3
Thanks

Quiteria
01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I haven't paid attention, but that sounds interesting if you find it. :)

I'm getting more serious this month about avoiding sugar, so I could use ideas. :yes

SilverMoon
01-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd love a forum for low/no sugar and low carb recipes! I find many online, but never know if they're any good.

mummy2boys
01-03-2011, 03:06 AM
I'd love a forum for low/no sugar and low carb recipes! I find many online, but never know if they're any good.

Great suggestion. I will put it to Admin :smile

SilverMoon
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
In the mean time, what kind of recipes are you looking for?

4@LEARNING
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
baked goods for the kids snacks eg cakes,biscuits
If anyone has any low/no carb low/no sugar baked good reciepes for me that would be even better.:rockon

SilverMoon
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh, I'm not sure. It's hard to make low carb biscuits.

There's a forum called low carb friends that has links to recipes. One member has a pizza crust recipe made with cauliflower. She also made bread sticks with cauliflower.

Oh, I do have one peanut butter cookie recipe that uses splenda. You could use honey, instead, but I don't know what adjustments to make to accommodate the added 'liquid':

1 c pb
1 c Splenda
1 egg
1 t vanilla
water as needed

Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Add water if needed to make a dough. Put teaspoon drops of batter on a cookie sheet, then smash into cookie shape with forks.
I'm sorry, I don't remember the bake temp or time, but it's probably 375 or 400 for about 8 minutes. YYMV

I found creamy pb made crumbly, melt in your mouth cookies. Crunchy pb made stiffer, crunchier cookies.

mummy2boys
01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
:doh I forgot to come back and post here. I talked to Admin and the suggestion was to utilise the "Cooking with Allergies and Dietary Challenges" forum. This forum has lots of participants and you will get some great answers and recipes there.

HTH :smile

SilverMoon
01-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks!