PDA

View Full Version : Help me weigh in on this knitting project

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 08:00 AM
I found this on Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/juliana

Would I be driving myself to insanity if I tried it?

I was thinking of using this yarn in Cranberry:
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Gloss_DK_Yarn__D5420190.html

Is there another color you think would be better?

I'm hesitant to do it b/c it is so large and uses so much yarn. A little daunting.:yes

Now, talk me into to it or out of it...:shifty

crunchymum
01-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh my gosh, I LOVE THAT. :heart

MarynMunchkins
01-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Me likey! :tu

It doesn't look like a complicated pattern - it's just big. :)

Blue Savannah
01-01-2011, 08:39 AM
It is GORGEOUS!

musicmama
01-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Wow, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Just wondering if my knitting skills would spit it out the same. I've never done sleeves and they make me quite nervous.:nails

StumblinMama
01-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Do it! :yes It would be beautiful in Fairy Tale, too.

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Do it! :yes It would be beautiful in Fairy Tale, too.

Fairy Tale is pretty --- but I'm not a big fan of Jewel Tones or plum.:shifty

StumblinMama
01-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Fairy Tale is pretty --- but I'm not a big fan of Jewel Tones or plum.:shifty
:giggle that would make sense, because I love plum.

ETA: please be sure and post pics! Worst case scenario, if you have trouble with the sleeves,you can frog it and make a shawl from the yarn :shrug

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 08:57 AM
:giggle that would make sense, because I love plum.

ETA: please be sure and post pics! Worst case scenario, if you have trouble with the sleeves,you can frog it and make a shawl from the yarn :shrug

Oh, I'm sure you'll be hearing all kinds of updates from me if I start this one...:O

Do you all think the cranberry is the best color for me (okay, I admit that's kind of a jewel tone, but red is kind of a neutral, too) -- or should I go with a more neutral color?:think

I was trying to think what color most of my wardrobe is and I wasn't coming up with a definitive answer.:doh

Blue Savannah
01-01-2011, 09:06 AM
I LOVE that you're doing it with some silk in your yarn. Oh, how I love silk yarn. :giggle

They don't have sample cards, do they? It might be worth checking so you can see the colors IRL. I like the cranberry, and I really like the parsley. Except that I think parsley is green. Whatever. :giggle The grey is really nice, too.

I think it will look sensational in any color, so pick the color you think will look best on you.

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Parsley is an Olive tone, and I don't do olive well.:no

Were you thinking light grey or dark? Arg -- it's so hard. I'm waiting for Lindsay to come on and weigh in. Not sure how late she was up last night, so I don't know when she'll be up.:shifty

Eowyn
01-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Please do it, and do it in the cranberry, too! :yes It will be gorgeous on you. :rockon

tigerlily
01-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone!

Now I just have to be brave enough to hit the checkout button.:yes At least I'll qualify for free shipping.

Blue Savannah
01-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh, free shipping totally decides it. :giggle

Indigo
01-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I love that wrap sweater! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kiara.I
01-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Totally go for it. Sleeves aren't hard to do. My whole philosophy on knitting is that it happens one stitch at a time. So, like most things in life, just do the next thing. Or go look up how to do the next thing, and then do it. :)

Just...have you done a sweater before? If not...well...you might not have it done by whatever event you kind of think you want to wear it to. Unless you're much faster and more focused than I am. :)