PDA

View Full Version : pasta ideas

Chaos Coordinator
12-29-2010, 06:06 PM
i got my son to add pasta to his food repertoire tonight :woohoo

i bought some of those mini pasta wheels and tonight he found the box and asked for it, when i showed him what it was he got excited. then he sat at the counter and watched as it cooked the entire time. finally when they were done, i added a bit of butter and some pepper and gave them to him, and he ate about half of them and seemed really enthusiastic! (in the past when offered pasta he was not interested whatsoever - he would touch it and then get discouraged)

i'm so glad that we have another option on the table for mr. pickypants. but what else can i do with it? nothing too heavy on the sauce as it just adds to the sliminess texture that he doesn't like. i am thinking maybe some small bits of steamed veggies? carrots, peas? idk?

klpmommy
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
my kids like it with parmesan sprinkled on & nothing else. Although S might dip hers in A1-- she dips everything in A1. ;)

BriansLovie
12-29-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/10/pasta-presto.html

Love this recipe... :)

Chaos Coordinator
12-29-2010, 06:18 PM
mmm chicken sausage (where's the tummy grumble smiley??)

RealLifeMama
12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Chop us chick peas and add them.
If you can get away with adding some kale, chopped up finely, that is good. One of the first GCM recipes I ever got was pasta w/ chick peas and kale. Basically, you cook the pasta, cook some kale and chick peas, chop them up really finely like w/ one of those handy choppers, and stir them into the pasta w/ a splash of lemon juice and parm. cheese.

Chaos Coordinator
12-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Chop us chick peas and add them.
If you can get away with adding some kale, chopped up finely, that is good. One of the first GCM recipes I ever got was pasta w/ chick peas and kale. Basically, you cook the pasta, cook some kale and chick peas, chop them up really finely like w/ one of those handy choppers, and stir them into the pasta w/ a splash of lemon juice and parm. cheese.

that would be a great way to add protein too (something he never seems interested in). wonder if i can get chickpeas from our walmart. where would they be?

greendelight
12-29-2010, 06:51 PM
With the other canned beans. They might say "garbanzo".

Chaos Coordinator
12-29-2010, 06:54 PM
ahhh....granny garbanzo beans :giggle

:shifty

racheepoo
12-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Pill LOVES oriechette pasta (shaped like lambs ears) but has a texture issue too. I will often toss it with about 1 tsp. of pesto, and add a little chopped chicken. :yes