PDA

View Full Version : Cutting 95 butterflies, any easier way than scissors?? I'm not crafty!

motherlyservant
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I am attempting to make a butterfly mobile for my daughters room, and I am so not crafty. I need to trace and cut 95 butterflies. Is there an inexpensive way to do this other than scissors, before I subject myself to carpel tunnel?? Like a little machine or something that will also give a more precise edge?

Hermana Linda
12-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't know but I would fold 2 pieces of paper in half and cut through the 4 sheets to make 2 at a time and then see if I could get away with 3 sheets. :think

Quiteria
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Die cut. I'm not sure if there's any cheap way to get a die without buying an expensive machine, though. You could try visiting your nearest craft store to find out.

Do you know anyone crafty who might do enough scrapbooking to own a die cutting machine? You might also find someone on ebay...I know there are quilters who sell pre-cut squares, etc. I'll bet there are people who sell die cut shapes.

Kiara.I
12-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Here's an Etsy search (http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=die-cut+paper+butterflies&search_type=handmade). Thanks to Quiteria for the idea.

JoyGal
12-29-2010, 01:05 AM
No suggestions but it sounds cool :)

blessedwifeandmommy
12-29-2010, 02:16 AM
I've seen butterfly paper punches at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. A punch would be fairly cheap and much faster and easier than doing each butterfly by hand. Good luck! :)

Heather Micaela
12-29-2010, 05:37 AM
some teacher supply stores have a die cut machine you can use there in the store for a nominal price.

Quiteria
12-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Here's an Etsy search (http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=die-cut+paper+butterflies&search_type=handmade). Thanks to Quiteria for the idea.

Wow, some of those are CHEAP! 100 for $3. :rockon

yellowheart
01-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Wow, some of those are CHEAP! 100 for $3. :rockon

I would second the idea of going to etsy or ebay. Ladies with Cricut machines can cut 95 butterflies out in probably less than 10 minutes. It makes them easy to sell on the cheap. Quite easy.