PDA

View Full Version : Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies

SunflowerKitchen
12-20-2010, 10:44 PM
I've made these for several parties recently, and they disappear quickly! After a few requests for the recipe, I figured I should share them with my GCM Mamas too! Great dough for freezing and then baking in just minutes before a party. Enjoy!

Lexi's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Martha Stewart's Holiday Cookies Special Magazine)

Makes 30, four-inch cookies.

Instead of using an electric mixer, steps one and two can be done by hand. But if you have one, an electric mixer is much easier!

3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 Cups packed light brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until combined and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.

2. Add flour mixture, and beat on low speed until combined. Add the chocolate chips, and beat until combined.

3. Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter at a time onto baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes, rotating halfway through. (Rotation isn't necessary if using the convection setting of your oven.) Remove the cookies and the parchment paper from the baking sheets, and let cool on a rack.

My tip: These cookies are popular and handy to take to any function, last minute. Make a batch ahead of time and form the dough into cylinders. Then wrap fully in plastic wrap and place into a freezer bag. Before a party, slice off 1/4 inch circles, place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes. WARNING: This is a dangerous tip because you may find yourself doing this for a late night snack to go with your vanilla ice cream. Just sayin' :-) Enjoy!

Radosny Matka
12-21-2010, 12:02 AM
They have to be good with that much butter! :ty