PDA

View Full Version : crochet pattern help!

titosmommy
12-18-2010, 01:10 PM
So I'm working on a hat for dh. The pattern says to crochet in front loops only. I was about 10 rounds in when I realized this. How much is that going to affect the outcome of the project? Also, I am at the point in the pattern where I am done increasing. At this moment the circumfrence of the hat is only 15 inches. Will it continue to get larger around, just by continuing on, or do I need to increase some more in the next few rounds? Thanks so much. :)

titosmommy
12-19-2010, 06:26 AM
anyone? :D

StumblinMama
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Here's a bump for you. I crochet, but I try not to do much explaining of patterns lest I confuse someone :giggle.

I can say that I've made the back loop/front loop only mistake before and IIRC it didn't make much of a difference as far as the fit. It just changed the look of the finished product.

SilverMoon
12-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Front loop only crochet makes the garment a little more stretchy and flatter than a crochet garment through both loops. It shouldn't change the hat much, it's just a variation of what you've already done.

Now that you're no longer increasing the hat will get slightly larger before it evens out. Do you find it to be stretchy?

titosmommy
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
well, I went back an did front loops only. It is pretty stretchy. I went ahead and increased a little bit more, but I am hoping it will be large enough. We'll see! Thanks so much for the help. I guess I must crochet tight, because every patter for hat's I've had to increase some extra. This pattern doesn't have any gauge instructions. However, after a certain amount of rounds it's supposed to measure about an inch, and mine is just shy of it. So, I'm not sure why it seems so small.

StumblinMama
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
If you tend to crochet tight, then you can just go up a hook size :yes