PDA

View Full Version : When is it safe to go out after the flu?

HomeyT
12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Yesterday my DD had loose stools (2x) and threw up a little in the bath. And that's been it. We were around someone with the flu a few days ago. Today she seems very well! DD2 has yet to show any signs of sickness.

I did pump them up on acidophilus, omega 3, vit c and d, and some manuka honey.
And some homeopathics...so maybe we sped it through out bodies??, idk...

but it does leave me wondering, if we are showing no signs of illness, are we still potentially contagious, sick, when can we leave the house?? :) if you have any ideas please let me know! thanks. i certainly don't want to risk messing up someone's christmas by spreading the flu!

Autumn
12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
When I had the flu I was down for a couple weeks. Doc said I would no longer be contagious when my fever stopped.

:hug Hope everyone feels better!

HomeyT
12-15-2010, 12:43 PM
we've had no fevers at all.
that's why i can't seem to guage when we are 'safe'

Johns_Gal
12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Honestly, I usually give 24 hours and then consider us clear. I push the immune boosters and handwashing, though.

I don't want to infect anyone else, but my main selfish concern is my family's already beaten up immune systems. TBH, the general public is apparently mostly comprised of non-handwashing, sneeze-and-grab-the-door-handle types so I figure if we're at least aware of our contagion,we're a few steps ahead. :bag