PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me?

Chaos Coordinator
12-11-2010, 09:09 AM
i need this pattern interpreted. its for crochet crocs. here's the original link

http://knitpossible.blogspot.com/2010/07/toddler-crocs.html

it says
Ch 18
Rnd 1
Sc 10 from 2nd ch, hdc in next, dc in next 4, 2 dc in next, 5 dc in last ch.
Work on the opposite of ch, 2 dc in next, dc in next 4, hdc in next, sc in next 10. (39 sts). Sl st to 1st beg ch.

Rnd 2
Hdc in next 10, dc in next 4, (dc in next, 2 dc in next)2x, (2 sc in next)3x, (dc in next, 2 dc in next)2x, dc in next 4, hdc in next 10 (47 sts). Sl st to next st.

Rnd 3
(2 sc in next)2x, sc in next 42, (2 sc in next)2x. (50 sts). Sl st to next st. Fasten off 1 strand of yarn.

so its in the round, right? chain 18, then round 1 is single crochet 10 from the 2nd chain stitch? then half double crochet in 3rd chain stitch? is that right?

Blue-EyedLady
12-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Looks like you make your base chain, then work back along the length of the chain just like rows. Then, where it says "work on opposite of chain" you actually work the next stiches underneath the base chain. Work along the bottom of the base chain until you get back to the end of the base chain, and you'll be working in the round - albeit more of a long, skinny oval.

Does that makes sense?

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Wait - I just realized what you're asking. Ok, here's the step-by-step:

chain 18 (base chain)
starting in the second chain back single crochet one stitch in each chain for 10 stitches.
so your hdc is then in the 12th chain back
1 DC in each of the next 4
Then 2 DC in next chain
then 5 DC in next (final) chain (this should "turn the corner" so you can get to the bottom of the chain to work the next stitches)
The second half of Rnd 1 instructions are a mirror image of what you've just done, so when you're done with the first round you should end up with something lollipop shaped.

Chaos Coordinator
12-11-2010, 09:34 AM
ok i made it all the way up to 2 dc in next chain. what does 2 double crochet look like?

musicmama
12-11-2010, 09:37 AM
you do a double crochet, and then do another in the SAME stitch

Chaos Coordinator
12-11-2010, 10:11 AM
ok now what does this mean

"Sl st to 1st beg ch."

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

wait does it mean that i basically am gonna make it into a circle?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

oooh i see she used 2 strands of yarn. i guess i should have read that part. i was wondering why it was so small....hmmmm maybe this project will have to wait until i get a bigger hook.

Blue-EyedLady
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
"Slip stitch to first beginning chain" - you basically hook the the stitch you're working on to the base chain again to make a circle.