PDA

View Full Version : crocheted nativity

mamacanuck
12-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I just ordered this (http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page4558.htm) pattern, :) I think it's so, so cute. There's no way it's getting done for this year though :no but maybe if I start soon it will be done for next year. Dd saw a similar set at a craft sale a couple of weeks ago and was totally in awe. :giggle This way I can use up some scraps and give it to her for $8 (price of pattern) rather than $90 (price if the finished one we saw.) :rockon

Forsynthianicki
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Very cute. Nativity sets that can be played with are awesome.

TestifyToLove
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I have that pattern but didn't get time to make it this year as I had planned. I'm hoping to have it for next year, before my kids outgrow it.

Marrae
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
:) That looks really sweet and will be very special for your dd. :)

Grover
12-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Thats beautiful-it makes me wish I could crochet

Starlighter
12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
So cute, I love it! :D

bliss
12-10-2010, 02:11 AM
NINETY DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?

:jawdrop

My face just fell off.
I have GOT to start selling at craft fairs. That would cost about $5 worth of yarn scraps and a couple of evenings. I cannot believe someone has the cajones to charge $90 for that. Sheesh.

I want to see pix of yours when you're done! :)

mamacanuck
12-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah, it was a lot of money. I thought the same thing. She did have a few extra people and had made a big wooden stable for them to be in too. :shrug3 I still wasn't going to pay that much. I will post pictures when I'm done, although it might take me a little longer than a few evenings with 2 littles. :giggle I probably won't have to buy any yarn either, I'm sure I can make it all from scraps I have. I'm also planning ahead to make a set for my niece for Christmas next year. She'll be just 2 then so I'm sure she'll have fun with it as well. :)

Naked Camper
12-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I have made Mary, Joseph and Jesus from that pattern. The Jesus is a little scary looking (the one I made) :shifty