PDA

View Full Version : Pork chops without applesauce?

mommymidwife
12-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I have some pork chops and I really don't like pork. :sadno But my family does. What can I do with them? I don't like sweet with them, so no fruit recipes please. I need ideas!!!

inesperada
12-04-2010, 05:47 PM
We marinade them in soy sauce and (a generous helping of) garlic powder then grill them.

YUUUUUUUM.

mommymidwife
12-04-2010, 05:51 PM
We marinade them in soy sauce and (a generous helping of) garlic powder then grill them.

YUUUUUUUM.

Okay, that sounds good!

RiverRock
12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
My mom always pan fried them, then added slighly watered down condensed mushroom soup. It seems to be a regional favourite around here, but I'm with you when it comes to pork chops...they tend to stay at the store.

Charlie U
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I always Shake N Bake mine. :shifty I really don't care for them that much.

swimming with sharks
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
grilled with a marinade of italian dressing, soy sauce/braggs/ and pineapple juice

or with homemade scalloped potatoes and onions

homemade shake and bake (we're gf)

pan fried

:yum

Happygrl
12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
This is the recipe we use. I'm not a big pork chop fan but I really like these. If I'm on the ball :haha, I first brine them for several hours in water, sugar, kosher salt & garlic powder. If not, I just use this marinade. The flavor mixture is really good--nothing stands out particularly but they all blend well.

1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil
3 T. lemon pepper
2-3 cloves garlic
4-6 pork chops

Combine and marinate at least two hours.

Waterlogged
12-04-2010, 06:23 PM
we stuff them with pesto and feta, and put a rub of italian spice combo on the outside. then bake til cooked through.

blessedmommy3
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I put mine in the crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, diced potatoes, frozen carrots & green beans and let them cook on low for 6-8 hours and then I serve them over rice. So good!

Butterflynjesus
05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I like Heinz 57 sauce on my pork chops. Yum. A1 is OK too, but Heinz 57 is sooo good on pork chops, it's how my grammy makes them. (good memories) A mustard pan sauce would be great too.

Great, now I'm hungry. ;p

threecubs
05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
How about applesauce and no pork chops? LOL But....

My mom always pan fried them, then added slighly watered down condensed mushroom soup. It seems to be a regional favourite around here, but I'm with you when it comes to pork chops...they tend to stay at the store.

This is how my mom always made them.

3boysforme
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Southern Smothered Pork chops, definitely NOT health food. I don't like pork chops at all, but this recipe makes them tolerable.

http:/http://southern.food.com/recipe/southern-smothered-pork-chops-157028/ (http://http//southern.food.com/recipe/southern-smothered-pork-chops-157028/)

Pragmatist
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Cook the pork chops in a pan, then add a can of black beans and a jar of salsa. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.

LadybugSam
05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
usually i shake n bake mine too.

Or put them on kabobs (or not, just add the veggies together and cook them in the oven) I like to chop and cook the pork in the oven and then about 15 minutes in i'll add onion, bell pepper, and fresh mushrooms. It comes out yummy :yum

or i make sweet and sour pork

sweet n sour sauce:
this is not really a recipe, just one of those things you throw together:
1 onion, 1 bell pepper, 2 stlaks celery chopped & sauted.
combine 1/2 cup each of: vinegar, sugar, and ketchup (did i not mention how good for you this recipe is? :shifty)
3-4 Tbsp of soy sauce or teriake marinade (i prefer the ones with ginger :yum)
and enough water to get it to the consistancy you like (usually about 1/4 cup if i remember right) Then put the cooked pork in it and warm it up together.

trustingGod2
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Crock pot with cranberry sauce gives them a bitter/sweet taste

curlymopmom
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
:yum I rarely make pork chops but just got a bunch of them. Lots of great ideas here!