PDA

View Full Version : Parents coming for Christmas... freezer ideas?

anitajoye
11-26-2010, 03:47 AM
OK, so my parents are coming for Christmas. My Mom is an AMAZING cook. BUT, I don't want to spend the 6 days she is here in the kitchen, so I want to prepare ahead- say 2-3 weeks before she comes I want to put most of the meals in the freezer. The Catch...... I don't want the typical freezer casseroles, I want really nice meals... (not that casseroles aren't nice, but I think you probably get what I mean...).
Here are a few ideas I have, I'd love for you all to add some if you would! :clap

Chicken Picada (pre cooked breasts, sauce separate, defrost and heat through)
Twice bakes potatoes (just heat in oven)
Daube provencal (heat through and make a quik polenta and green salad to go with).
Meatballs... add home canned tomato sauce
dinner rolls (christmas eve or day)
cinnamon rolls and ham and cheese rolls (christmas morning)

Mama4ever
11-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Cranberry Chicken

4 chicken breasts
8 oz. catalina dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

mix dressing, soup mix, cranberry sauce together. pour over chicken and freeze.
thaw completely and bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours uncovered.

*if you need 6 breasts you really don't need more sauce. Otherwise I would double/triple the recipe as written.

This recipe is from Don't panic...It's in the Freezer if you can get a hold of that book, it has lots of great recipes!

anitajoye
11-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Cranberry Chicken

4 chicken breasts
8 oz. catalina dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

mix dressing, soup mix, cranberry sauce together. pour over chicken and freeze.
thaw completely and bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours uncovered.

*if you need 6 breasts you really don't need more sauce. Otherwise I would double/triple the recipe as written.

This recipe is from Don't panic...It's in the Freezer if you can get a hold of that book, it has lots of great recipes!
things we can't get here... cranberry sauce and catalina dressing!
I'm in France , I should have said that at the beginning. I need recipes/ideas that don't require 'speciality' american products. Thanks though!! Wish, i could make it!

AngelaVA
11-26-2010, 02:47 PM
In the US people usually consider a good lasagna or stuffed pasta shells to be a pretty special meal. You would probably want to make a salad and some kind of bread to go with it on the day you have it.

Mama4ever
11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
:blush:giggle