PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with my bread machine????

Cat
11-22-2010, 08:50 AM
i have a.....hmmm...zoruishi? is that how you spell it? it's awesome but the last 2 times, it didn't mix or bake properly. the 1st time was perfect. am i not cleaning it right? what am i doing wrong???

it says don't submerge the pan in water but put water in to soak the pan and blades. what do you ladies do? i really hope it's not broken.....

:nails:shrug3:-/

Cat
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
bump-anyone?!

Apple-Saucy
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Do the mixing blades remove? I didn't have the kind you have, but one time I forgot to remove the mixing blades/paddles when I cleaned it and they didn't move very well the next time I used the bread machine. Turned out that they had hard bread gunked up all under them so they couldn't move. Also had to put the blades on the correct pegs or they didn't mix right.

Sundance
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I really don't know...is it brand new, or new to you??

Are you sure the recipe is correct, and it's on the right setting??

I only use mine to mix, I don't bake in it. The results aren't that great, I find. I prefer to bake in my oven.

Cat
11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
it's brand new

we can't use our oven

the blades do remove but they seem the same

i'll try cleaning it again........

Apple-Saucy
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
also wanted to add if you dont put the ingredients in the pan in the correct order it wont work right either

Housekat
11-24-2010, 08:55 AM
The only thing I can think of, if you already cleaned it and there's no gunk under the paddles, is that the ingredients aren't put in in the correct order

If you put wet on dry, it only shifts the dry stuff around underneat the wet 'blanket'

Sometimes, even if you put wet in first, it creates like a blanket or something and the blades just swish around in the liquid - I usually check about 5 minutes into the cycle and poke around the mix carefully with the handle of a wooden spoon or similar

I realise this is a couple of days old - how did you get on?

Cat
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
i do put them in the right order. i haven't tried it again yet, but i'll be super careful next time....

thanks ladies!

Tengokujin
11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
You might check that the pan has really snapped into place properly. If it isn't , the blade won't turn properly, won't mix properly, and nothing else will go well.

Also, when you use it again, when it starts to mix, give a peek inside to see if the blade is rotating properly.