PDA

View Full Version : New lunch ideas

easygoinmomma
11-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I am looking for some new/different, but easy lunch ideas. So tell me what you plan for your lunches.

backtobasicsmum
11-22-2010, 07:45 AM
We eat a lot of:
muffins (blueberry, lemon, or apple)
tortillas/quesadia
fresh fruit, veggies, cheese and crackers
soup
salmon/egg salad
dinner left overs

easygoinmomma
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
BUMP

greenjellysnakes
11-25-2010, 12:10 AM
We do leftovers and quesadillas a fair bit too.

Some other favourites:

Hummus or guacamole (any dip really) with vegie sticks and tortilla chips
Grilled cheese with apple wedges or baby cucumbers on the side
Baked potatoes - the kids will eat these just with cheese & sour cream, I like to put leftovers or baked beans or creamed corn on mine
Pancakes
Pizzas using either english muffins or tortillas or pita bread for the bases

A couple of weeks ago DD asked if we could make "tortilla faces" for lunch. I gave the kids a tortilla each, then set out a few different toppings - grated carrot, grated cheese, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber, strips of capsicum (peppers) etc. You could spread the tortillas with cream cheese or avocado first, then let the kids make faces with the different toppings. My kids had more fun with the making than the eating, but it was nice to do something different.

I could really use some new lunch ideas too, so I hope you get some more responses! :)

Marrae
11-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Usually we have a bread roll with a some sort of filling and a side of chips and/or veggies. Or, soup. Dh loves leftovers if there are any but I hate :blush leftovers.

I'd like to use more milk and eggs though as we have an unlimited free supply.

:popcorn for ideas.

Aerynne
11-25-2010, 04:47 AM
sandwiches made on a tortilla are fun
chicken noodle soup
enchiladas
tuna salad and crackers
baked sweet potato fries with some kind of main dish
Chick-fil-a :shifty

I like to arrange stuff like a butterfly for the kids. Usually consists of something square or circle cut in half for wings(pbj, English muffin with peanut butter, open or closed face grilled cheese, toast, bagel with cream cheese, etc. Whether a square or a circle I put the thin side in and the larger side on the outside of the plate), something long and thin for the body (banana, ants on a log, tortilla pbj, string cheese, etc.) and if I can I make some spots on the "wings" (raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, etc.) and something small for antennae if I'm ambitious (carrot shavings, chow mein noodles, etc.)
we cut sliced cheese, cucumbers, melons, etc with cookie cutters (ds is always asking for "cheese shapes" and likes to make them himself, too)