corn,
tomatoes.
bell peppers,
pie pumpkins,
squash (all sorts)
cucumbers,
onions,
a few warm pepers not sure what kind yet,
i want to start some strawberries too just have to find some one with a good plant to start from
a raspberry bush
potatoes, red white and a few sweet

not sure what else what herbs and such would work in southern id?

easygoinmomma
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
:rockon

Macky
11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
What do you like to eat? I grow that list and more, much further north in zone 2b. :)

- beans, all sorts
- peas
- onions, leeks and shallots
- asparagus
- rhubarb
- carrots
- broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower
- beets
- celery
- thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano, basil, dill, cilantro

Momma2Luke
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Since becoming very fond of Green Smoothies (another reason I have GCM to thank! LOL!!).. I've decide my garden next year will have LOTS of greens... different lettuces, spinach, swiss chard (which doesn't bolt like spinach and can tolerate hotter temps), kale, etc.

Also, a tip I just recently learned regarding greens.. you can keep snipping lettuces while they are in the ground and they'll keep on growing..... if you plant enough, you can have lettuce till very late in the season.. QUITE economical if you ask me! :)

Psyche
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
peas, spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower in the early spring. Cabbage too I think. You can probably plant as early as mid march and it'll be ready to harvest before you plan your summer crops. If you have a food processor the stalks of broccoli and cauliflower can be shredded and make an awesome stirfry.

cbmk4
11-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd love to plant a larger garden but lack the time, energy and a large enough sunny area. Most of our yard is shaded adjacent to the woods.

But, I will be planting herbs:

cilantro
parsley
dill
oregano
fennel
sage
thyme
chives
marjoram
rosemary
basil

I love having fresh herbs for cooking and I can grow those in pots and window boxes.

sillybeans
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking way ahead for next year's garden!

pastelsummer
12-04-2010, 02:06 PM
nope i will be planting 1/4-1/2 an acre of garden this springt