PDA

View Full Version : Huck needs a new blanket

Can'tTurnLeft
11-15-2010, 06:13 AM
I want to try and whip one out for him before the baby comes and crochet is the easiest fastest way.

Any really fast easy blanket patterns anybody wants to share? Like super simple, same yarn, no color changes etc... I'm going to be using just a cotton yarn. I can't find the pattern I used for his last one, but it took me about four days to get it done it was that fast and easy.

StumblinMama
11-15-2010, 06:29 AM
The very easiest thing would be a granny rectangle :shrug. It's not fancy, but you'll have it memorized in about 5 minutes, then you just crochet away :yes Just keep crocheting around until you have a big rectangle the size of the blanket you want. http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/rectangle-grannies.htm

GlobalMama
11-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I second the granny square.

If I want to whip something up quick, I do a sampler style blanket.

For example, if I plan on doing 60 rows (arbitrary number), I'll do 20 rows basketweave, next 20 popcorn, then last 20 basketweave. Then I'll put two rows of sc as a border. It's nice for visual detail :-)

JellyBean
11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I just get the big, fluffy, soft yarns and double stitch the entire thing. They make the softest blankets!

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

ETA: And the bigger the hook the faster it goes. So if I find good thick soft yarn and a big hook I can knock out a baby blanket in an evening easily.