PDA

View Full Version : Making "strong" coffee

Victorious
10-21-2010, 07:56 PM
So, I volunteered to make Pumpkin Spiced Latte's for our playgroup's Halloween party on Monday.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-pumpkin-spice-latte-recipe.html

The problem is-I don't drink coffee, so if I make it I follow the can's instructions exactly. I'm pretty sure to make it "strong" I would add more grounds, but how much? I don't want it crazy strong. In fact there are at least 3 of us who can't/don't drink coffee so if I could figure out a sub I would.

backtobasicsmum
10-21-2010, 10:03 PM
That is such a :yum recipe! :yes

You said there were three that don't drink coffee...do you like coffee flavored things...or perhaps just a pumpkin drink would be good?

Anyway, if you do decide to make it with the coffee, I'd double the amount of grounds called for. It is also really good with almond milk, if anyone in your group is dairy free.

And another helpful hint...if you have stick blender, use that to mix it up...it gets it much smoother than a blender.

tigerlily
10-22-2010, 06:43 AM
I don't know -- I only use about 1/2 the recommended grounds when I make regular coffee.:shrug3

I'm curious if other coffee drinkers will chime in.:shifty

Singingmom
10-22-2010, 07:10 AM
So the question might be, would doubling the grounds be about equal to espresso flavor :think Since there's so much besides coffee in the drink, you may need double to still taste the coffee. Now if I were making strong coffee for a guest to drink plain, I'd heap the scoop/spoon instead of making it level. :think

mamaKristin
10-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Since a latte is made with espresso (strong coffee vs. amount of water involved), I would double the amount of grounds you would use to make a pot of coffee. Actually, what *I* would do would be to make coffee with not quite double the grinds, and just over half the water. To really concentrate the coffee flavor, without making too much liquid. I don't know if that makes as much sense typed up as it does in my head :shifty