PDA

View Full Version : Problem with muffins sticking

Sparrow
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Every time I make muffins they stick to the liners... Why? I didn't think you had to grease the liners. I follow the recipe exactly.... So what can I do? I hate losing part of the muffin to paper.

:ty5 :heart

TuneMyHeart
10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
I have the same problem, so I gave up on liners.

mamajane
10-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I find it much easier to pan spray the pan and avoid the liners. I don't remember them sticking so bad when I was a kid... Maybe pan spraying the liners would work?

expatmom
10-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Do you let them fully cool before you try to peel the liner off? Mine stick more when they are warm then when they have fully cooled.

mamajane
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Do you let them fully cool before you try to peel the liner off? Mine stick more when they are warm then when they have fully cooled.
That makes sense, but who wants cold muffins when you can have them hot with melting butter!

Sparrow
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Mostly, yes. Sometimes with one recipe its hit and miss.

RealLifeMama
10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
This only happens to me when I make healthy muffins.

I hate washing muffin tins with a passion, so I switched to the foil liners. If you have a thing against foil touching your food, then I guess that won't help. But even so, IMO, having to grease and wash a muffin tin is much more evil.

TuneMyHeart
10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I used to hate washing muffin pans too. But when your kids have corn allergies, and there's possibly cornstarch on the liners :banghead, it becomes worth it to start washing muffin pans. :giggle I also don't have too hard of a time with cleaning them if I grease the pan really well with coconut oil.

RealLifeMama
10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
:jawdrop

Foil liners would have cornstarch on them? No way! How did you find that out? Not the hard way, I hope.

And, please know I was making the 'evil" comment totally tongue in cheek. Of course you want to keep your children safe. :blush

TuneMyHeart
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
oh no, I realize you were joking! :hug it's amazing how having corn allergies affects so much.

WingsOfTheMorning
10-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I just spray the liners. :shifty