PDA

View Full Version : WHY would he DO this!?

poleidopy
08-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Housetraining is...hard. I keep Howie in his crate except to potty. If I don't he pees EVERYWHERE. ANd poops inside too. :-/ We have been letting him sleep in bed with us for about a month. He never pees or poops in my bedroom, so we close the door at night to keep him in and let him outside first thing in the morning. Last night (and he has never even peed in that room before) in the middle of the night he stood up in the middle of the bed and peed all over the blanket we were laying under!!!:hunh:mad I put him in his crate for the rest of the night, but YUCK! WTHeck! WHY would he just do that!?

Amber
08-28-2010, 09:57 AM
He is a smaller dog right? Have you considered one of the dog "litter pans" for him to have a spot to go inside.

They are a bit bigger than cat litter boxes, and generally use the recycled paper litter (I think). I know it sounds a bit gross, but if I had a little dog I would totally use one :shifty

Tiquatoo
08-28-2010, 10:04 AM
If he's peeing more than usual, he might have a urinary tract infection. One of our dogs had the same problem, peeing many times and not quite emptying her bladder. A vet visit could be in order here.