PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast on the go!

Can'tTurnLeft
08-26-2010, 06:57 AM
I need breakfast ideas for eating in the car on the way to school. We have a 15 minute drive to school and the bee does NOT do breakfast as soon as she wakes up, and I can't get her up any earlier than I do. So things like granola bars, breakfast cookies, etc... Whole grains, protein, healthy stuff that will keep her going until lunch time.

They do have a snack around 10:30 and it is always a healthy one at her school :)

Emerald Orchid
08-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Muffins, smoothies, breakfast burritos, mini casseroles (baked in muffin tins), english muffins/bagel sandwich (egg and cheese), fruit salad...

RiverRock
08-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Some of our handheld breakfasts have been toasted bagels, a toast sandwich with almond butter and jam, breakfast burritos (tortilla with scrambled eggs and a bit of cheese and salsa...maybe sausage), or a McD's style english muffin breakfast sandwich with a fried egg, slice of cheese and slice of Canadian back bacon. The last one can be made in advance and warmed before serving (Starbuck's style ;)). Now that I think about it, I should check out Stbx for more breakfast sandwich ideas.

Elora
08-26-2010, 07:03 AM
I "pre" make a lot of breakfast burritos when I cook breakfast on the weekends, and then microwave them as I walk out the door, or when I get to work.

allisonintx
08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/make-ahead-muffin-melts/

I made a bunch of these this week, but scrambled the eggs b/c it was less work. I put them in the fridge and we've reheated them as needed.

Can'tTurnLeft
08-26-2010, 07:11 AM

I made a bunch of these this week, but scrambled the eggs b/c it was less work. I put them in the fridge and we've reheated them as needed.

drool

Mother of Sons
08-30-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know what you would call these....

Basically you take whatever whole wheat bread dough you like, separate into balls and then flatten. Put a spoonful of mixture in the middle and wrap the dough around it, pinch the ends and put seams down on a baking sheet and bake.

For the mixture you can do scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese or sausage or whatever. Easy to keep in the freezer so you just zap for a few seconds in the micro and go.

It's nice for lunch too if you do chicken or tuna or that kind of thing.

Pancakes with peanut butter spread on them and then rolled up are easy to eat on the go too.

My mom used to keep bran muffin batter in the fridge and cook one in a mug every morning.

You can add protein powder to pretty much anything.

You can thread fruit chunks onto skewers or plastic tooth picks and a little container of yogurt dip.

Deviled eggs

I use a pampered chef tool to make stuffed french toast that is all sealed up like those frozen pb sandwiches in the store. You can cook them in advance and freeze. Since it has filling, you don't need syrup. You can fill them with anything too. PBJ, cream cheese, fruit, eggs, sausage, veggies etc.

Trail mix

JoyGal
08-31-2010, 12:32 AM

Wonder if this would work with scrambled eggs instead of boiled :think And her little commentaries in the instructions crack me up!! :lol

To Op:
Cereal with fruit slices in a tupperware. Seriously, the milk doesn't spill so easily in the car and if there is any leftover, just pop the lid back on and you can get it home without spilling :shifty