PDA

View Full Version : So I Have About a Quart of Cooked Broccoli Florets.

jenny_islander
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I also have some fettuccini. I was considering breaking up the fettuccini, cooking just until al dente, then combining with the broccoli and some cheese sauce to make a side dish we could eat on for a couple of days. Tomorrow, we will also have 5 oven-fried drumsticks among the 4 of us who are eating solids; the day after that . . . I dunno yet.

So, does this sound like a good side dish to make with the broccoli? And if so, suggestions on how much pasta? I always seem to overdo the amount. And how much cheese sauce to bind the broccoli and pasta?

Other suggestions for what to do with the broccoli? I also have eggs, milk, rice, Parmesan cheese, etc. I was thinking, if not cheesy broccoli noodles, maybe a crustless quiche? Or a frittata?

Zooey
08-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Quiche sounds good. (But I love it, & think 'quiche' for :gigglemost anything.

Kindle Mama
08-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I would use some with pasta and make like a pasta primavera... when I read the title I automatically thought of cream of broccoli soup:D Might not be cool enough for your family to get into soup but I love soup anytime :)

Zooey
08-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Ooh!! Cream of broccoli soup is great.
You could put some of the rice in it, too.

Beth1231
08-06-2010, 05:27 AM
I made something last night that used broccoli florets and chicken and pasta :yum
I cooked chunks of chicken breast in butter, seasoning and a bit of lemon juice.

Sauce: Butter, little bit of lemon juice, plenty of garlic, some italian seasoning, salt and pepper and LOTS of parm/romano cheese.

I tossed the cooked pasta in olive oil. Mixed the broccoli with the chicken. Poured the sauce on top. Tasted and added more of the ingredients as needed until I had a masterpiece.

HTH