PDA

View Full Version : Favorite stir-fry.

easygoinmomma
08-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I want to make stir-fry tonight, but I need a good *sauce* for it. How do you cook your stirfry? What do you use in your sauce? AND which one is your all time favorite?

Mama Rophe
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I just made on the other night that used 2TBS honey, 2TBS soy sauce( I used liquid aminos from braggs), and 2TBS apple cider vinegar and 1 1/2tsp cornstarch(to thicken it). Mix this up first, then sauté your veggies in some oil. Once they are done to your liking, you take them out and cook your chicken or beef(I used chicken). Once your chicken is done you add the sauce and cook that until it's thick and bubbly. Then you add your veggies back in and mix it all together. Serve with rice and you have a meal.

Emerald Orchid
08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I just made on the other night that used 2TBS honey, 2TBS soy sauce( I used liquid aminos from braggs), and 2TBS apple cider vinegar and 1 1/2tsp cornstarch(to thicken it). Mix this up first, then sauté your veggies in some oil. Once they are done to your liking, you take them out and cook your chicken or beef(I used chicken). Once your chicken is done you add the sauce and cook that until it's thick and bubbly. Then you add your veggies back in and mix it all together. Serve with rice and you have a meal.

Mine is similar, but I don't use the vinegar. I add a little sesame oil and a good handful of sesame seeds. That's what we're having tonight!

Mama Rophe
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought about leaving the vinegar out because I'm not the biggest fan of the taste, but I thought it made it taste very good. I didn't really taste the vinegar at all and we all got some benefit from it. ;)

Love_Is_Patient
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Mine are very simple depending on the taste I'm going for. . .

#1: soy sauce, a little cornstarch, water, black pepper
#2: soy sauce, oyster sauce, maybe some water and pepper if I think it needs it
#3: turmeric, fish sauce, water (this one is a bit different and definitely grows on you)

Singingmom
08-03-2010, 06:43 PM
My ds can't have soy, so I'd love it if someone has a good sauce recipe without it. I usually just sprinkle it with grill seasonings, but I need a sauce. :)

easygoinmomma
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I tried Mama Rophe's recipe plus oyster sauce. It was yummy!

Psyche
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I have never used sauce. Pepper garlic for beef. Coconut Ginger for chicken.

erh384
08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't usually use "sauce"... I stir-fry/sautee my veggies in sesame oil with garlic & a little red pepper flakes (or fresh jalepeno if I have any)- if I'm adding greens I'll spritz them with Braggs Liquid Aminos before I toss them in. Dd won't eat the stir-fried veggies (she prefers raw veggies) BUT she **LOVES** the resulting broth, so I pour that off for her to drink.

Emerald Orchid
08-04-2010, 05:46 AM
I ended up making indian style stir fry last night. Curry, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. It was super yummy.

easygoinmomma
08-04-2010, 06:31 AM
I ended up making indian style stir fry last night. Curry, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. It was super yummy.

That sounds sooooo good! I'll have to try it!

Singingmom
08-04-2010, 07:22 AM

Did you just sprinkle generously, or use amounts you can share? :yum

Emerald Orchid
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I used this (http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/indian-style-vegetable-stir-fry-recipe.htm) recipe as a guideline.