PDA

View Full Version : 30 really stressful minutes

JustMandy
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
We have a pug we got from a rescue about 6 weeks ago. I don't really like dogs. But I :heart Bruce. He's the best dog ever.

Today he slipped out while the boys were coming in and out the back door.

we realised really quickly but I was holding the baby, the boys were playing out back and dd started walking around yelling for Bruce.

I put baby in the exersaucer and walked a house in each direction yelling.

He was no where.

The baby was crying, my 5 yo was MIA (in the back yard, still, a couple second of panic) and I had to figure out how to look for the dog. I locked us out of the house...but in my flakey stress, I hadn't locked the front door :phew.

I put the baby in the stroller, grabbed the leash and my phone, had the kids put on shoes and headed down the street to some construction. Bruce loves people so I thought I'd start there.

He wasn't there.

I called my MIL and she offered to drive around and look for him.

On our way back down the other way, someone from down the street called and said they had him.

We walked down and got our doggy back, thanking them over and over.

I just put his tag with our number on it 2 days ago. I'm so glad he had it on!!

mellifera
07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm glad that you found him. Having an escaped dog stresses me out too!

Amber
08-01-2010, 11:21 PM
:hug I'm glad he was found so quickly.

SilverMoon
08-02-2010, 10:49 AM
It's so hard when there are little kids in the house that need you, and then the dog takes off. I'm glad he was found and was safe.

Lady TS
08-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm glad you found him quickly and that he was safe(yay for collars and tags w/phone #'s!).

JustMandy
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks, I was so glad it was fast. I did not have the emotional energy to deal with a lost dog!

The worst part was my split loyalties. I had to move quick and I had 4 kids that I couldn't just leave at home while I walked around yelling for the dog.

I'm so greatful he had a tag and we live in the age of cell phones!

Chaos Coordinator
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
we've had 2 pugs, both of which always came back when getting out. we'd find them just sitting on the porch waiting patiently (current pug included) but our other dogs....jack russell mutt, and some dog with curly long hair that was actually step-MIL's....no such luck. we never even found the stupid jack russell mutt....this was just like last month. :bheart