PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned?

TuneMyHeart
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
We brush our dog's teeth when he gets a bath, but that's only maybe every 3-4 weeks. His teeth have a lot of plaque right now and the vet wants us to get them cleaned.

cbmk4
07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
never. I have brushed her teeth a few times myself in the last 3 years and that's it. I feel like a really responsible mom when I make sure my two youngest children have their teeth brushed.

Amber
07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't set a length of time for how often I get their teeth cleaned, but rather do it when it is needed (if that makes sense). For my dog that means she has had her teeth cleaned once and she is 11+ years old. She has honestly never needed it other than that.

If there is noticable plaque on her teeth, and the funds are available to get them cleaned I would do it.

Charlie U
07-29-2010, 07:27 PM
My dog is a beagle. She needs to have her teeth cleaned at the vet. Beagles are notorious for having bad teeth.

She had her teeth cleaned by the Humane Society vets before we brought her home. So I haven't felt the need to do it. I make sure her treats are hard. That helps their teeth.

cro
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Only if they *really* need it and they're being sedated for something else.