PDA

View Full Version : my friend's neighbor shot her dog!!!

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 10:45 AM
:cry

she was an american bulldog. my friend loved her so so much.

who does that! really!!! :mad

DoulaClara
07-22-2010, 10:45 AM
:hugheart What happened?

Psyche
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Why did the neighbor shoot the dog?

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
to be honest, i don't know. it was a really sweet dog. not aggressive, just looks maybe scary because she's a bulldog? i really don't think the dog killed anything. and i'm positive it wasn't trying to attack anyone.

Serendipity
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
:jawdrop

Cat
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
did your friend call the police?

poor dog...

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
she's trying to find a good animal activist lawyer :shrug

Drew
07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
:jawdrop

Lady TS
07-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I'd want to know the whole story before passing judgement...

...but I do feel bad for your friend. :(

SouthPaw
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
was the dog on her property? this sounds really odd.

Maggie
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
:(

Mama Calidad
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
:hunh

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd want to know the whole story before passing judgement...

...but I do feel bad for your friend. :(

anyone who shoots a dog that is not being aggressive makes me :mad

i wish i knew the whole story but she's hardcore grieving. so i just don't think it's appropriate to ask. not yet anyway. this dog was a big baby and it was perfect for her. she loved it soooooo much.

this was an expensive purebred who was nearly always by her side. if it wasn't on her property, i'd be very comfortable saying it was some kind of freak occurrence.

poleidopy
07-22-2010, 02:40 PM
:hugheart

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
was the dog on her property? this sounds really odd.

yeah it is odd. mostly my heart's just breaking for her. whether the guy was right to shoot the dog (which i seriously doubt) or not, it's just SO SAD. :heart

Lady TS
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
anyone who shoots a dog that is not being aggressive makes me :mad

i wish i knew the whole story but she's hardcore grieving. so i just don't think it's appropriate to ask. not yet anyway. this dog was a big baby and it was perfect for her. she loved it soooooo much.

this was an expensive purebred who was nearly always by her side. if it wasn't on her property, i'd be very comfortable saying it was some kind of freak occurrence.

I wasn't at all saying it was ok for him to do that, just that, not knowing the circumstances, I cannot say he was for sure wrong and cruel in what he did. :hug I am trying to be slow to judge...

If it was on HIS property, he might have some reason(even legally). It just seems odd that he would do that when the dog was on her property...if that is the case I would definitely look into pressing charges against him.

Again, I am sorry for your friend's loss. :bheart

duckwithoneleg
07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
I wasn't at all saying it was ok for him to do that, just that, not knowing the circumstances, I cannot say he was for sure wrong and cruel in what he did. :hug I am trying to be slow to judge...

If it was on HIS property, he might have some reason(even legally). It just seems odd that he would do that when the dog was on her property...if that is the case I would definitely look into pressing charges against him.

Again, I am sorry for your friend's loss. :bheart

yeah i hear you :hug and you're right ... sorry... i'm just a little emotional about it right now. :shifty

made4more
07-22-2010, 04:12 PM
:pray4

domesticzookeeper
07-23-2010, 06:05 AM

American Bulldogs fit within the criteria of what some would consider a Pit Bull-type dog. Sadly I'm NOT surprised that someone would take it into their hands to kill an animal that they believed was just inherently aggressive.

Either way, though, what a terrible way to lose your pet :hugheart

duckwithoneleg
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM

American Bulldogs fit within the criteria of what some would consider a Pit Bull-type dog. Sadly I'm NOT surprised that someone would take it into their hands to kill an animal that they believed was just inherently aggressive.

Either way, though, what a terrible way to lose your pet :hugheart

it was my friend's pet, not mine :heart

but yeah. i know they *look* like they would be inherently aggressive. but to SHOOT it? i don't know, it just bothers me when people do that unless there's a (IMO) *real* reason.

3PeasInAPod
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
That's aweful! :(

duckwithoneleg
07-23-2010, 11:42 AM
ok, i have a little more info now.

the dog walked onto my friend's neighbor's property. he was within his rights to shoot the dog :cry

however that's *all* the dig did. she wasn't messing with livestock and she wasn't showing any aggressive behavior.

all she did was put her paw on the wrong land. :cry

3PeasInAPod
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
That's so aweful. That neighbor was just waiting for something to shoot! How scary

ayelet
07-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh my goodness. :cry My heart breaks for your friend.

Leslie_JJKs_mom
07-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah around here ranchers will shoot almost any dog that comes on their property that they see. There are people in town who dump dogs in the country all the time. I dont know if they realize the dogs will be shot or if they think the dog will make himself at home on some farm. But most farmers/ ranchers will not put up with a stray on their land.:(

duckwithoneleg
07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
they're not really in that kind of area tho... so in that case i don't think this is what was going on :think

but yeah, that's kinda rough :heart

Johns_Gal
07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
That's so aweful. That neighbor was just waiting for something to shoot! How scary

Well, maybe not.

Once you lose a few animals you've poured time, heart and money into because of a dog, you stop trusting them. :(

Abibigail
07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
How very sad for your friend, Sarah. :sad

duckwithoneleg
07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, maybe not.

Once you lose a few animals you've poured time, heart and money into because of a dog, you stop trusting them. :(

yeah i can understand that. it's just so unfortunate in this case.

Barefoot Bookworm
07-28-2010, 06:09 PM
That's so sad. The same thing happened to my husband's childhood dog. They lived back in the woods and shared the woods with a neighbor who was a gun enthusiast. The neighbor saw the dog in the woods and shot her. She was a rottweiler and a big baby.

kiloyd
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Praying for your friend.

I wondered what the whole story is? That is horrible!:cry

duckwithoneleg
07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
That's so sad. The same thing happened to my husband's childhood dog. They lived back in the woods and shared the woods with a neighbor who was a gun enthusiast. The neighbor saw the dog in the woods and shot her. She was a rottweiler and a big baby.

awwwwe :hug as a kid that would have been soooo hard :heart

domesticzookeeper
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
As I said...sadly, I don't find it all that surprising.

You take one person who already has fear/mistrust/animosity towards dogs, add in a gun and a dog that *looks* as though it could be fearsome...and rarely will it end well. Breed bias has led to many dogs' deaths :cry