PDA

View Full Version : Great book about canning with honey

Garland
07-19-2010, 08:05 PM
I just got a birthday gift in the mail today. It is a cookbook all about canning using honey.

I'm so excited! I haven't tried any of the recipes yet of course, but just had to share that if you're looking for ideas on how to preserve without sugar - this book looks great!

It is called Putting It Up With Honey, by Susann Geiskopf-Hadler

mom2boys
07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
sounds cool!!! I will :popcorn so that you can post an update how you like the book. ;)

graciousmomma
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Awesome! I would be very interested in something like that...thanks for posting the title! Let us know how you like it and how it works out for you!

homesteadmama
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I ju made strawberry jam last week with honey. It's definitely not as sweet (especially since I used the minimum amount of honey recommended). I'm still getting used to the taste...my tastebuds are so used to sugar-saturated jam!

Thankfulforgrace
07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Thank you so much! I will have to go see how much it is and if I can swing it. That is exactly what I'm looking for! Please let us know how you like the recipes!

I'm still kind of looking for a recipe with grape juice as that's what my store bought stuff has and I love it... It's some French recipe so the bottle says...

momyshaver
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, please let us know how it tastes (and stores) comparitively.

homesteadmama
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm still kind of looking for a recipe with grape juice as that's what my store bought stuff has and I love it... It's some French recipe so the bottle says...
If you can get a box of Pamona Pectin (I got mine at the HFS), there's a recipe in the insert for how to make jam with grape juice. HTH!