PDA

View Full Version : The song running through my head

Johns_Gal
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
"I'm a bald bunny ain't got no fur..." :lol

I am slated to pick up a quartet of show rabbits at the end of the month. Today I went out in search of new water bottle spouts and bedding.

What I wound up with was a pitiful longhaired rabbit full of matts. I brought her home, cut the matts off (she's bald where the worst of it was) and got her all set up in a roomy cage.

She is ridiculously sweet. DS sat beside me as I groomed her and kept petting her/feeding her grass blades he picked. She lay there relaxed, munching, accepting his petting, and licking me from time to time. I expected her to be so cranky, being so hot from all that fur and in pain from how tightly she was matted.

:lol DS kept picking up the discarded fur and laying it across her bald spots with the most perplexed frown. She looks downright mangy right now, poor bunny.

I am hoping that she is not pregnant; I doubt it, as hot as it's been, but, well... she IS a rabbit, after all. :lol

domesticzookeeper
07-19-2010, 12:45 PM
:heart

(Kid you not, I was just listening to that song...:giggle)

Johns_Gal
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
She. Is. So. SWEET. :heart And all fuzzy/bald longhaired cuteness. :giggle

I also brought home a young Flemish Giant that day... they get so big, and his cage was so small, and he was in a meat stall... kissing my DS's fingers... sigh. Well, anyway, he's not doing too well. I really want him to pull through. :(

I'm thinking I might skip the show bunnies. These two just... IDK. Despite the nastiness they lived in, they are so ridiculously friendly. Like dogs. I go out to feed/check on them, they're right there asking for scratches and pets. The Flemish runs circles around my DS's feet like a puppy.

:( Poor guy.