PDA

View Full Version : Help me think of ideas of how to re-home kittens?

Aisling
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
The adorable kittens that the stray cat birthed 12 or 13 weeks ago are weaned and ready to go. I called a local lady who rehouses them, and she happily agreed to take them if we'd wait until last Friday. And she hasn't returned any of my calls since. :-/

We found a loving home for one, and are keeping one little fluff ball in addition to mama, and this is our cat limit. Period. I generally dislike cats :duck, but these two can stay since my family loves them.

We're going out of town early this Friday morning, and now I'm stuck with 3 more kittens than we can leave enough food and water for! I've beaten down the door of all the no-kill shelters, neighbors and friends, all the rescues, the Petcos, craigslist is a nono, and I can't for the LIFE of me see how we're going to deal with this.

We don't have the money to board this many cats.

:help

Bonnie
07-14-2010, 04:31 PM
:think

Does your vet really really like you? :shifty

poleidopy
07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
freecycle? :duck We have many local yahoo groups just for pets, could you check for something like that? :think

Aisling
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
:think

Does your vet really really like you? :shifty

Not especially. :giggle I mean, we don't have a really close relationship with him. We've only known him for a month or two.

domesticzookeeper
07-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm no good with advice here :O But I do second the suggestion of the vet's office. Worth a try...

RooMama
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Too bad you don't live close to me. We're in the market for 2 new furballs.

monkeylicious
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Playdate at your house :shifty

MarynMunchkins
07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
J might want one, actually. His cat ran away at the airport. :( I'll ask him if he wants a kitten.

Aisling
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Too bad you don't live close to me. We're in the market for 2 new furballs.

Where do you live? :shifty We're traveling quite a few of the states this next week. :lol

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

J might want one, actually. His cat ran away at the airport. :( I'll ask him if he wants a kitten.

Thanks! The two little boys we have are just sweet little gentlemen, and the girl is gorgeous. :heart

monkeylicious :spit :lol:rockon

WildOlive
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Do you have any free classified papers? We have a few, and that's almost always where we find our pets.

Out of curiosity, why is craigslist a no-no?

Aisling
07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Our craigslist doesn't allow for pets. :)

We'd do classified ads, but we really need them GONE by Friday morning...hence, my complete hysteria. :O

Lady TS
07-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Sign at the end of your sidewalk, by which your kids sit with the box of kittens.

Sign must read: FREE KITTENS FOR SALE

It worked for my dh and SIL when they were kids, only it was puppies. :shifty

RooMama
07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Where do you live? :shifty We're traveling quite a few of the states this next week. :lol

We're in Illinois.

GlacierLily
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm on Nebraska I'd take some. :)

KnittingHappy
07-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Do you have any farms near you? If so, talk to the owners. Many of them are willing to take cats for their barns. It isn't an easy life but it is a shot for them to live instead of letting them die in a kill shelter.

My mom just adopted two of her 6 kittens to a friend with a farm. They were meant to be barn cats but the woman is enjoying them so much, I'm not sure they'll ever make it to the barn. ;)

kiloyd
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
I was going to say newspaper add. That stinks about Craigslist, I've been looking on there for an adult cat, ours has a pet section.

call shelters and vets again?

Tiquatoo
07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
I know this is late, but if you haven't homed them by now, maybe a poster at your vet's office? With lots of pictures? That's how we found a good home for Mouse, kitten of our newest cat, Kami. We put up a poster with lots of little pictures of her, and had it written in "her" voice about what she was like, and why she needed a new home. Someone from our vet's office called us about her and gave her a new home.