PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Light alternative?

RosalieMarie
06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
My husband loves to drink the different flavors of Crystal Light in the summer. It could be worse I'm sure, but I just looked at the ingredients. Wow. :sick What can he try that is more natural, or at least not *so* artificial? He's not really big on tea unless it's super sweet, which sort of defeats the purpose.

ncsweetpea
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Could you do a big pitcher of ice water and add fruit slices to the water itself? If he likes it sweet, then add a little simple syrup made with sugar or add some stevia?

The different fruits could be interchanged: lemons, oranges, limes, watermelon, green apples.

trustingGod2
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
4C makes some not perfect but made with Splenda

mountainash
06-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I think Real Lemon juice, water, and sugar would be much healthier than crystal light. But Lemon juice, water, and stevia would be even better than that.

TuneMyHeart
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
are you looking for some kind of drink mix, similar to crystal light, or just an alternative? there are quite a few products with stevia now. I saw one recently that was like sparkling flavored water with stevia.

kwisie
06-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Country Time lemonade packets are made with real sugar.

3PeasInAPod
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
what about that "Simply Lemonade"? it comes in orange juice, limeade, fruit punch & maybe a few others.....

StumblinMama
06-29-2010, 05:43 PM
There's a product called True Lemon. It is freeze dried or dehydrated (can't remember which) citrus fruit. You can mix it with water and some stevia.

The Tickle Momster
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I was going to suggest this as well. It also comes in Orange & Lime. It has a tiny bit of sugar, but not nearly what is in other drink mixes.

Eowyn
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Before we knew Brandon was allergic to cucumber, we'd make a big pitcher of water with cucumber and lime slices in it, and keep it in the fridge. Just enough flavor and some sweetness without being oversweet. :yum

butterflyqueen71
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
:popcorn

I'm glad for this thread...I've been looking for small, portable packets of something like this to take with us to Mexico for our mission trip...since we will be drinking bottled water, it would be nice to add a little flavor but I really hate artificial sweetener. I've not been able to find anything like that that has real sugar in it, except for Koolaid in the tub. But what I need are packets. Is Country Time Lemonade the only thing out there like that?

crunchymum
06-29-2010, 08:10 PM
The closest healthy thing to that I think is the green tea drops. Sooo yummy, peach is my favorite. :yum http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Answer-Super-Green-Tea

It's a little spendy, but goes a long way and is sue good for you. I think it also comes in orange and lemon. :think

Eowyn
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I forgot to add--DH likes these: http://www.togobrands.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=80

SilverMoon
06-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I really like Zinger to go (http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/drink-mixes.html). They're sweetened with Stevia, and they're really sweet. I like lots of sweet. My favorites have been the Blueberry and Berry varieties. I can't find them around here anymore, though. I used to be able to find them at Dominick's (a grocery store part of the Safeway chains).

RosalieMarie
06-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the ideas. I'll have to do some looking around at the bigger grocery store and the HFS.

kwisie
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Oh, I just remembered! Stash green tea powder packets. The blueberry one is particularly yummy.

justbreathe
07-18-2010, 12:24 PM
When I was pregnant, my doula recommended the emergen-C packets. They are pretty good!

delightedmama
08-20-2010, 11:55 PM
We used the Emergen-C packs when I was pregnant too (and still keep 'em for rehydration in the first-aid kit). I think they're nasty. But I think Crystal Light, Gatorade, Powerade, anything in that genre is even nastier so I'm not a good judge :giggle