PDA

View Full Version : Dog stung -history of reactions

sweetpeasmommy
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
One of the dogs looks like he was stung on top of his nose. He has been stung twice before on the nose and ended up with swelling threatening his airway. It looks like it might be starting to swell a little. He's a little grouchy about it. So I thought I would go ahead and give him 30 mg of pred now and hopefully spare the vet being woken up in the middle of the night when it gets really swollen. In the past we have given him 4 benadryl and when that didn't help, she gave him that dose of pred. and it worked. Do you think I should give him the benadrly too or just wait and see?

cindergretta
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
I wish I had any idea, but I am clueless.

:hugheart and :pray2

Tiquatoo
06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I'd start with the benedryl again. See if it helps any. My main reasoning is that it's OTC for us humans and okay for dogs. Then the vet in the morning if no change or it worsens.

I'm sure that this is probably too little, too late, but I thought I'd chime in.

sweetpeasmommy
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Actually after I gave him the pred the swelling went down and he was fine. :rockon

godsgracegiven
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I have a 14 year old doggie that has the worst allergies every summer and I have to give her benedryl. Sometimes, the benedryl does work right away. So the vet will have me continue giving it to her every 4-6 hours in tell it does.

Amber
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm glad he is feeling better.