PDA

View Full Version : We are getting a new dog tonight!

Karen
06-12-2010, 12:08 PM
It is sort of a shoot from the hip decision but I am so happy! We already have a wire haired terrier mix (12) and a bichon mix (3). Bella is one year old and basset/ cattle dog (?) mix. She is sweet, loving, and very smart. A woman I know has to move and their rental will only take one dog. She was going to have to sent her to a shelter. :( Somehow, we knew this was our dog. I really hope the other dogs accept her. They are both male. I am very excited!

Indigo
06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Good luck w/your new pup. Sounds like she'll have a great home!!

Karen
06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Thank you so much! We love our doggies here.

Amber
06-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a very cute dog.

Karen
06-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Well, she is adorable. She is very submissive. That works out very well with our existing "pack". They adore her. She is wearing my boys out. There is new life in this house! She is a little nervous but that is okay. Sadly, she is a submissive piddler. Oh well, that means I will mop my floors more often and that is probably a good thing!

Indigo
06-13-2010, 05:20 AM
So glad it is going well. Hopefully the piddling will decrease once she settles in. How do the other dogs like her?

Karen
06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
They seem to adore her. She is very submissive so there were no dominance issues. They follow her around everywhere. I thought it would bug her but when they tired out, she kept after them to play more!

Karen
06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Just to update, Bella has just blended into the family. We may have some adjustment issues later but right now it is as if we have always had her. She is such a doll.