PDA

View Full Version : Dog shedding.....

mom2chrisnluke
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Our new puppy we have had for about 3 months has started shedding her winter coat. I have never had a shedding animal and this is just plain crazy! There is hair everywhere!!! I am sweeping and vacuuming several times a day and I still feel like everything is covered in hair!!! I need all your shedding dog tips and tricks!! I have to get this under control cause it is about to make me insane!!!

Amber
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM
When the shedding starts getting crazy here I like to give the dog a good bath, with lots of time spent massaging her skin to get hair up. Then, when she is dry I give her a good brushing with our Furminator comb. That tends to really help cut down on the amount of hair in the house. Oh, and I try to do it all outside :shifty

We have been having such wacky weather here, going from warm to cold and back again that my pets can't seem to make up their mind if they really want to shed or not :doh It is really starting to get on my nerves.

klpmommy
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Find the kind of comb/brush that works on the dog's hair type (it took me trial & error to find that my shedding dog is best with either a kong brush or a regular human comb). Take the dog outside & comb/brush. Get as much out as possible. My dog always fights me a bit at the beginning, then loves it. I can get enough hair out to make a chihuahua when she is really shedding a lot.

Tiquatoo
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
If your dog is a shorthair, you could also try one of those mitts with the rubbery brush bits all over them. It will feel more like being petted and will bring up a LOT of fur. Definitely do it outside, though.