PDA

View Full Version : home alone...

duckwithoneleg
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
so my unemployment hasn't ended, but my CNA classes have started... and that means my 15 (? i think? might have lost track a little) week old puppy is going to start having some hours (6, to be exact) alone at home to kill. i know he can "hold it" that long, so that won't be a problem...

i don't really want him roaming through the house that whole time unattended... his house brokenness is less than perfect right this second hahaha, and he's still learning how to behave around our cats (the ragdoll, in particular, who doesn't even flinch when pantuke tries to play with him as though he is a puppy...)

soooo, the crate is where he will be until i get home. dh is going to try to get out of his class and come home to let him out for a few minutes in the middle of the day.

any suggestions about how to make the boredom easier on him? he's got a smart toy or two in there, but as soon as they run out of peanut butter, he runs out of interest :giggle

Amber
06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I like to take a large kong toy, stuff it with peanut butter then night before and stick it in the freezer. That way it takes longer for them to get the peanut butter out. Large nylabone toys are good too since they won't be able to break of pieces to chew.

duckwithoneleg
06-02-2010, 04:08 AM
I like to take a large kong toy, stuff it with peanut butter then night before and stick it in the freezer. That way it takes longer for them to get the peanut butter out. Large nylabone toys are good too since they won't be able to break of pieces to chew.

brilliant! i never thought of freezing peanut butter!!! :ty