PDA

View Full Version : i now truely have a zoo!!!

pastelsummer
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Ok so I finally found my animals I have been wanting. I now have 2 pigmy goats, 2 mini donkeys, and 2 horses. One horse was bought for 7 bucks at the sale yard around decemberish. the rest were just gotten...... FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!! my second horse is underweight because he cribs and has no top teeth but he WAS a rgistered racehorse and has papers i just need to find them. And he is HUGE but ccomes to his name and is the gentlest animal ever. my donkeys are a breeding pair and the female MIGHT be pregnant already. I have to get her checked. and the goats are a mama baby pair. for weed eaters and all of thm come to thier names.

Amber
05-30-2010, 05:17 PM
:heart

Macky
05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats!

Finding papers can be a challenge, but doable. :) I found papers for a Morab I bought years ago; he was a pony horse at the track until he bowed a tendon and couldn't work anymore. I bought him for a dollar. He'd been through two owners since the papers were lost. I eventually found that his registry had been absorbed by a larger Morab registry and he was in the archives. He had already gone grey, so I had to soak him down to find where his white markings used to be (pink skin as opposed to black), then copy them carefully down on paper. The registry compared markings to what they had in the archives. The fact that his barn name was part of his registered name was very helpful. We found the papers hadn't been transferred since he was born. I was lucky that they had never moved, though, and not only got their signatures to transfer registration, but got to talk to them about his parentage and colt-hood. Very neat! :)

I hope your search is just as successful!

missythemom
05-30-2010, 07:00 PM
sounds fun! I have three nubian goats, six pigs and two dogs so i am there with ya on the whole zoo thing,lol. I think it is really neat that you are able to give them all a great home.God bless:D