PDA

View Full Version : Natural puncture wound care??

Blue Aurora
05-08-2010, 03:58 AM
nak

My dh had a rusty, metal spike go through his leg and bend yesterday. The ER removed it, gave him tetnus and iv antiobiotics. We have to go to urgent care today and tomorrow looking for infection which they say is highly likely. It's covered so I can't put anything on it but what can I do?

I'm giving him collidial silver, echinea, vit c, probiotics and arnica and he is on 2 oral antibiotics.

What else can I do??

Thanks!

Peridot
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I think you've got your bases covered! :D

cobluegirl
05-09-2010, 06:55 AM
That sounds fine... I might put some tea tree oil or lavender on the wound.
IMO I don't think that infection is highly likely...that sounds like scare tactics to me.

Blue Aurora
05-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Normally I would agree but this was bad with no way to clean it out. The spike went in and bent at a 90 degee angle when it hit the bone and then ran down to the ankle. What they pulled out looked like an "L" If it was a simple puncture or hadn't been a rusty manure covered spike I really wouldn't have worried to much. I'm exhausted...happy mothers day to me. :sigh

Aerynne
05-09-2010, 09:19 AM
At first I thought you were going to ask what to do instead of going to the dr.

I'd do lots of raw garlic- crushed up, not whole cloves. Try putting it in salsa or salad dressing (eating it plain is pretty unbearable)

cobluegirl
05-09-2010, 09:37 AM
that sounds miserable.

AmyDoll
05-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe spray saline wound care (it's in they aisle with the band-aids) - that's what you use on piercings to aid in healing. def. don't use hydrogen peroxide or antibac soap.