PDA

View Full Version : My purr-baby is sick (yuck warning)

Jenjardin
04-18-2010, 09:11 PM
(rambly warning too)

On Saturday, DD12 came running to me to tell me that I needed to come quickly, because Lulu was rubbing her bottom across the rug. I went in and saw a brown streak on the carpet. Then she did it on the kitchen floor. She's so fat that I don't think she can reach herself down there to clean herself, but I don't think she'd want to anyway because she's been having diarrhea and it's getting all over her bottom. I have to clean it off of her. Then last night she threw up twice near the side door (just-eaten food, undigested, which isn't unusual for her because she eats too fast sometimes). I made her stay in the kitchen last night with a towel and old blanket to sleep on, and the towel was filthy this morning. Apparently, she got into the bathroom and messed up the rug in there too.

So today, she looks at her box, walks into it, digs around a little then walks out. I could tell she didn't want to go because it hurts down there. Since her box is the entry porch, I made her stay in there so that she be right by it when she was ready to use it. She did use it, and I had to clean her again. She is eating and drinking (but she did throw up one meal, again undigested food), so hopefully this is something passing and not serious. I feel so bad for her because she meows when we go into the kitchen (next to the porch) because she wants to be in the main rooms with us. Since it's the weekend, we're waiting til tomorrow to see how she's doing, but DH thinks I'll probably have to take her to the vet (and this is the guy who doesn't like to spend $$ on pets but he's her favorite and he knows it).

Amber
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM
How is she doing now?

Jenjardin
04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
She's doing a good bit better today. We're not quite ready to let her back into the rest of the house, though, but maybe tomorrow. Thanks for asking.