PDA

View Full Version : Help. Going to snap.

LisaMarie
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Kids just ran upstairs and threw 5 loads of folded and sorted (ready to put away) laundry that I left on my bed all over my room. I am livid. I HATE doing laundry, I HATE folding it and putting it away and I HATE having to do it multiple times!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to stay rational, but WHY!?!?!?!?! My natural reaction is to scream and yell and spank - which I don't WANT to do.

5 loads. whimper. :hissyfit:cry2

klpmommy
04-14-2010, 08:06 AM
:hug Deep breaths.

First, I'm sorry. I hate laundry, too.

Second, this can be a "lesson" to you on why you should put the laundry away immediately. (Gah, I still haven't learned that lesson very well!) Or keep the kids out of your bedroom.

Third, your oldest can be in charge of putting his own laundry away. P&E have been putting their own clothes (sans church clothes) for a couple of years. P shoves his in drawers, E hangs hers as matching outfits. (Different personalities.) I don't touch their clothes except to wash& dry them. They sort their stuff & put it away. It helps a ton.

Fourth, more hugs. :hug :hug :hug

CapeTownMommy
04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
:hugheart :nak2

jame06
04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Hugs. That is frustrating.

I think it is totally accepatable to have them help you refold and put the clothes away. They created the mess they clean it up. Might require your help but to me it seems that is a natural consequence.

Johns_Gal
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Breathe, mama. Kids > laundry. :hug

But yeah, they'd totally be helping me fix it. I hate laundry too, and five loads would make me cry. I get blah enough when DS makes the towels and sock "snow".

Damselfly
04-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree with Johns_Gal about having them help you fix it. I know it's more trouble in the short term but in the long run it makes a huge difference. My kids used to throw laundry around but they have had more respect for the work that goes into it since they help me fold and put it away. Even pretty small ones can fold wash cloths. It's more important to teach them than it is that the laundry be perfectly folded.

Hugs about having to do it all over. I really, really hate that. It feels so pointless.

FebFaith
04-15-2010, 06:35 AM
I hate laundry!:hugheart I so feel your pain!

LisaMarie
04-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Thank you ladies.

I ended up kicking them all out of my room and down to the tv before I lost it. Before we went out to play at the park, they had to clean up. It was a very frustrating experience (as they all got extremely silly), but they put their clothes away in their drawers before we left.

I know I need to put it away right away, but I got called to help a kid with something after I'd been folding and I hadn't gotten a chance to get back to it before the chaos happened.

Usually, I get them to put their own clothes away once I've sorted them into piles for each.

DH's parenting style is to spank - it's how he was raised and how he wants me to raise the boys ( he thinks I'm not doing it right if I don't spank) so it's hard for me to not react that way when I'm overwhelmed. I've NEVER believed in spanking, but many times - it's just so much easier. I'm trying to go with my heart. Thank you for encouraging me.