PDA

View Full Version : Crack in the crock of my crock pot

Synesthesia
03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
This means I probably cannot use it to make any more brisket, can I? It's tragic! There's a thin crack forming in my stoneware!

katiekind
03-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh no! But you do have the beginnings of a good tongue twister there....like how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?

how brisk will a crockpot crack if the cracked crock's pot cooks brisket?

Something like that, only you can do better than me with it, I'm sure.

And I really am sorry....my crockpot died a couple years ago and I miss it.

CrunchySeaSalt
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
probably not. I am sure germs will form in there and contaminate your food. I was always told to discard cracked cups and bowls for that reason

camperjen
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
This means I probably cannot use it to make any more brisket, can I? It's tragic! There's a thin crack forming in my stoneware!

oh no! that's why I have three crockpots (all various sizes) - I love my crockpot! Dh is forever asking "can we get this off the kitchen counter" because I'll use it and the base will sit out for a day or two until we wash the container and then by the time I'm ready to put it away, I'm coming up with plans on how to use it again. :yes

momyshaver
03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
I have a crack forming in one of my crocks...is it a bacteria risk if you cant feel a groove but it just looks like a slight crack is forming? (thinking my gut knows the answer but I am asking anyways :shifty )