PDA

View Full Version : I'm throwing over my dh

allisonintx
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
for my new Shark Steam Mop Deluxe.

:giggle

Seriously, that thing can do more w/ less work from me, than any of the people in my household.

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I have this little 4'x10' kitchen floor, and it is still the most seriously awesome thing to ever happen to me. I :heart my mop.

BlessedBlue
03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
:lol

Ain't that the TRUTH!

Welcome to the steam mop club. :)

klpmommy
03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
must investigate this

allisonintx
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Seriously, this thing is the "Messy Mom's" best invention EVER because it turned my Dept of Health Violation kitchen floor, into Suzy Homemaker's in about 30 minutes. Normally it takes about two hours.

mariposa
03-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I love my steam mop...I can't believe I waited so long to get it. I raved so much about it my mom got one and now she is super happy, too! My dh couldn't believe how excited I was over a mop.
Debbie

Sweet Life
03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
does it work ok on hardwood?

TuneMyHeart
03-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I WANT ONE! But DH doesn't get why I want an $80 mop. :sigh I want the one at Costco. I think I remind him every single day. :shifty

JellyBean
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm seriously considering going and buying this RIGHT NOW. :think

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Seriously, this thing is the "Messy Mom's" best invention EVER because it turned my Dept of Health Violation kitchen floor, into Suzy Homemaker's in about 30 minutes. Normally it takes about two hours.

It will take less and less time from here on out. I mop every other day, and it's like using a swiffer.

I appreciate not having to mess with replacing worn out sponge mop heads anymore, too.

klpmommy
03-05-2010, 12:59 PM
So you don't have to sweep first?

JellyBean
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok...wasn't kidding. I just went to Kohls website and bought it for $68 w/ my 30% off coupon and free shipping. :jump I'm in one of those moods today. :shifty

Serafine
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
does it work ok on hardwood?

:yes Any sealed hard floor (I have never had a hardwood floor that was not sealed, personally).

We have all hard wood and linoleum in our house...we :heart our steam mop.

And, just to be an enabler, the portable pocket steam mop totally revolutionized our non-floor cleaning as well. Those 2 items are AMAZING.

BeckaBlue
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM

wonder this too

Serafine
03-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Yes, you still have to sweep...or I do...but that is because we get major dustbunnies and dog/cat hair, and we would have to change the pocket a million times if we just mopped. It would just create a wet/gunky mess IMO.

But, still...we just run our dust mop quickly, and then the steam mop. The entire house (2300 square feet) can be done in an hour or less. :yes

doubleblessings
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
so um, I read the title as "I'm throwing up over my dh" :sick and with the stomach problems we have had this week I was thinking :yes been there done that....

and well I guess a shark mop would be great for that thread too :lol

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes, sweep first. But that only takes a minute.

And you definitely want the shark steam POCKET mop. There is another shark steam mop, but it's different. It doesn't come with the triangle head, and it doesn't swivel, or flip over for double sided cleaning. Costco has the pocket mop for cheaper than the Shark website, Target or Walmart.

BlessedBlue
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I appreciate not having to mess with replacing worn out sponge mop heads anymore, too.
:amen

allisonintx
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
I think even the regular steam mop would be good, but I got the pocket one so I could have twice the cleaning surface, and the large head, too.

mommylove
03-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Costco has the pocket mop for cheaper than the Shark website, Target or Walmart.

Or Bed, Bath & Beyond even if you use the 20% off coupon.
FYI, Costco's is the deluxe, which comes with an extra large mop head attachment.

ETA: Nope I was wrong. Costco's not the deluxe. The deluxe has the carpet glider and the XL attachment. Costco's has the XL attachment & NO carpet glider.

Bonnie
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I got the handheld version and was so unimpressed with its performance on our barely a week old hard water spots that I took the thing back. Should I really try the mop?

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 01:23 PM
The handheld and I are still coming to terms. It feels so awkward to me, and it takes a lot more scrubbing at sticky than the floor mop does. It's still doing better in the kitchen than I was with vinegar and a rag.

mwwr
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Can you post a link? I'm getting desparate for something like this, because my kids would like it so well, they would probably fight to use it. And they would have a much nicer mommy.

Mamaka
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Oh my gosh, I MUST have one! We have MILES, ACRES, SMALL COUNTRIES of mop-able floor in our house - all with this really lovely when it's pristine clean but otherwise shows every single smudge, print, spill kind of tile. Ugh. Hate it most days. Love it for the hour it stays clean after days of scrubbing on my hands and knees. That mop is making me swoon. And drool. And seriously covet. :melting

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Here is their website, but don't feel that you have to buy it straight from their website.

http://www.sharkclean.com/steampocket/offer1.shtml

HindsFeet
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I may have to check this out next time we hit Costco. My floors are scary.

How does this do in, say, a boys bathroom around the toilet? :shifty

BlessedBlue
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
How does this do in, say, a boys bathroom around the toilet? :shifty

Depending on how many layers :shifty 1 or at most 2 sessions will do wonders for it. I have 1 pt-ing boy, and 2 toilets with questionable seals. There are always interesting stains showing up around there.

Lady Grey
03-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Has anyone tried the carpet glider piece? I have scary carpet.

BriansLovie
03-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Cant use this on our hardwoods in the house we are building because it voids the warranty :(

Rabbit
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I can't really figure out the point to the carpet glider. It's not intended to clean the carpet, and the last thing I want to do is introduce moisture to my carpet.

Lady Grey
03-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Weird. I wonder what it is for then? :shrug3

BlessedBlue
03-05-2010, 02:22 PM
The steam will disinfect.

A little moisture will perk up the pile of your carpet and make it look softer/newer.

Though, I can understand why you don't want to introduce moisture to your carpet, Rabbit. Who knows what lurks there. And the humidity you live with might make drying your carpet harder.

It's dry here, right now, so I'd use it. But never in the summer. And never w/o a fan running.

mommylove
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Has anyone tried the carpet glider piece? I have scary carpet.

Nope, haven't tried it. But it's not designed to clean, only deodorize.

allisonintx
03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
we have a handheld one, and had one for years before it disappeared in a move. It's amazing for grout, baseboards, steaming clothes, bathroom counters....Bonnie, you're right, it doesn't work well on hardwater spots :no

JellyBean
03-11-2010, 09:32 PM

And you definitely want the shark steam POCKET mop. There is another shark steam mop, but it's different. It doesn't come with the triangle head, and it doesn't swivel, or flip over for double sided cleaning. Costco has the pocket mop for cheaper than the Shark website, Target or Walmart.

:doh I was way too spontaneous of a shopper that day and bought it before I read this! I just got it in today and while I LOVE it...I want it to swivel!! So...I'm going to return it tomorrow and exchange it for the pocket one...I just hope they have it in store so I don't have to wait another week for it to come in.

Amber
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
So, can you use the steam mop on laminate floors? Or will it make the laminate peal up?

SamRose
03-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I really felt like I NEEDED a shark steam pocket mop after readin a prev. thread about it, and have put it on my list of things to buy w/ tax return money. I shall take this thread as a sign that I really need to just get one already! I just dont wanna get the wrong one, there R a few Ive seen. The one everyone here loves is the Shark Steam Pocket Mop, right? That is the official full name of wut Im shopping 4?

crunchymum
03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I :heart my pocket mop. :) I wrote a little review awhile back : http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=339726

one thing I would be careful of is not to put too much pressure on the handle -mine has a crack in it. :(

but other than that, it has changed my life. ;) I also have a little portable steamer, and yesterday I steamed the heck out of every cranny in my kitchen. :giggle it feels so clean right now!!

LisaMarie
03-12-2010, 04:20 AM
So, what is the benefit of a steam mop over something like a Swiffer Wet Jet? What makes it better? (curious. not familiar with steam mops)

allisonintx
03-12-2010, 05:05 AM
swiffer leaves a residue on the floor. The steam mop gets it all up.

You're not supposed to use it on a laminate floor, but I put the big puffy purple thingie on it and used it anyway, but only 'steamed' sparingly. :duck We have a 'nervous peeing' dog and, umm, yea. :shifty

mommylove
03-12-2010, 05:21 AM
I really felt like I NEEDED a shark steam pocket mop after readin a prev. thread about it, and have put it on my list of things to buy w/ tax return money. I shall take this thread as a sign that I really need to just get one already! I just dont wanna get the wrong one, there R a few Ive seen. The one everyone here loves is the Shark Steam Pocket Mop, right? That is the official full name of wut Im shopping 4?

Yep. :yes

TuneMyHeart
03-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I went to Costco just to buy this mop and it was $95. The portable one is $80. I thought they were the same mop, so now my DH thinks I'm crazy because I want both.

Is it really, really worth the money? We've never had a mop we liked, and our current mop handle is broken, so I have to get on my hands and knees to mop. :yuck

Psyche
03-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I :heart our steam mop. I'm mopping more and am continuously amazed at how much crap comes off our floor. Like DH and I will stand over it amazed at how dirty the cloth is. I cleaned under my stove last night. Scary....

I want the steam cleaner now too.

Allison
03-12-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm a little ticked because I have the older version without the pocket and triangle head and while it's fab, I want the newer one! I think I'm just going to have to get it and donate the one I have. Steam mops are great.

Blue Aurora
03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
I :heart my pocket mop. :) I wrote a little review awhile back : http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=339726

one thing I would be careful of is not to put too much pressure on the handle -mine has a crack in it. :(

but other than that, it has changed my life. ;) I also have a little portable steamer, and yesterday I steamed the heck out of every cranny in my kitchen. :giggle it feels so clean right now!!

What portable one do you have? I also LOVE my steam mop. I got one with our tax return. I've already cleaned the floors of our house twice which has never happened before (we've lived here a year :bag)

Llee
03-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I love my Shark. Can't believe I lived so long without it. Looooooooooove it.

crunchymum
03-12-2010, 07:45 AM
What portable one do you have? I also LOVE my steam mop. I got one with our tax return. I've already cleaned the floors of our house twice which has never happened before (we've lived here a year :bag)

lol. dh laughed at me when i first got mine because i used it whenever i could. :giggle

my hand held is a shark as well... i'm not sure the name. :think i got it a few years ago...

abh5e8
03-12-2010, 08:02 AM
just wanted to add....i have a similar steam mop (i think its H2O or something) and i use it on lineolium and hardwoods...its wonderful. we have a self feeding LE, so i use this thing daily. the only problem i've had on the lineolium is if i leave it in one place for a long time, it leaves a white residue. the white goes away after a couple of days but i avoid that at all costs.

totally worth the $$!!! i wish now i had the shark with the double sides but i'm trying to wear ours out as quickly as possible, so i can upgrade :)

Marzipan
03-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Does this eliminate the scrubbing on hands and knees to get the dried off gunk off the floor (that my wet jet wouldn't handle)?

Psyche
03-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Does this eliminate the scrubbing on hands and knees to get the dried off gunk off the floor (that my wet jet wouldn't handle)?

Yes!

Lady Grey
03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Soooo tempted......

Our kitchen is laminate - installed sometime in the late 80's/early 90's we think. I wonder how that will work.....

Mamaka
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Got one at Costco this weekend and LOVE IT already - so worth the price. No more hands and knees. :happytears

klpmommy
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
no more scrubbing? I think I'll hit Costco this weekend while dh is away.....

Mamaka
03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
no more scrubbing? I think I'll hit Costco this weekend while dh is away.....

No more scrubbing. And my floor was bad :shifty since it'd been a couple of weeks since I'd even tried to make it look presentable. It was impressive how clean and shiny and white (yes, I know, white with kids :rolleyes) it was when I was done.

ThreeKids
03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Ok hotshot homemakers, try this one.

How would it work on indoor/outdoor carpeting? This is what I have in my kitchen.

crunchymum
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
it would sanitize it, but not clean it, per se.

yes, no more scrubbing! you just hold the mop head over the spot and pump a few times and it come right up. i got hardened gum off the floor with it. and those terrible fruit stickers that always manage to get glued to the floor.

JellyBean
03-12-2010, 03:19 PM

Ok...just went and exchanged it and now I got the pocket one!!! :woohoo

cobluegirl
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
interesting.... my friend was trying hers out this morning and said it was horrible and didn't work... :scratch wonder if it is the same thing..

Sweet Life
03-12-2010, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=firefighterwife;2941489]
And, just to be an enabler, the portable pocket steam mop totally revolutionized our non-floor cleaning as well. Those 2 items are AMAZING.[/QUOTE
what other kinds of cleaning are you doing with it?

oh and a question from my MIL -- she says she has a hard time getting the grime out of the 'detail grooves' in her linoleum; does the shark steam mop (the one used for floors) work well in those kinds of situations?

Rabbit
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
You have to actually read the directions. It needs a minute to heat up. You have to watch to be sure that steam is actually coming out of it before you start. And it may take a few cleanings before it's truly easy. My floor had layers upon layers of nastiness that I couldn't really see until I started cleaning. Now, everything comes up with melty ease, just like the infomercial. But the first time was disappointingly hard.

klpmommy
03-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Allison brought hers over today & we did my kitchen (tile) and entry (hardwood) today. Wow! It worked really well and it was very lightweight. E loved using it. She might have a new job once I hit Costco, hopefully tomorrow. She kept telling me that our wood never looked as good as it did when we used it there today. :rockon

Blue-EyedLady
03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Just. can't. imagine. paying. $100. for. a. mop...

:shifty

Seriously, the very thought of it makes me twitch! How do you all justify that?

(And, for BlessedBlue, I'm thinking about my next home, not this one, because the next one will most certainly NOT have carpet in the kitchen and bathrooms.)

Marzipan
03-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think of it as $100 for a mop, I think of it as $100 for a floor that doesn't stress me out.

Mamaka
03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think of it as $100 for a mop, I think of it as $100 for a floor that doesn't stress me out.

:yes And I figure I've spent more than $100 on stuff that hasn't worked worth a darn. :shifty

allisonintx
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM

I spend about 2-3 hours mopping my tile with a conventional mop, lugging water back and forth, dumping, mopping, rinsing, re-mopping.

I have four children, six soccer games, music lessons, schooling, Junior Bible Quiz, Choir, Puppets, Tae Kwan Do, Boy Scouts, Youth, and that's not even including anything elective or regular church.

With my steam mop, it took 30 minutes when the floor was at its WORST. See, that's 120.00 that bought me about 90 minutes each week. When I midwifed, that time was worth almost 100.00 (just once) so 90 minutes each week....that's roaming into "priceless" land

BHope
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm going to be the voice of dissent.

I don't hate my steam mop. I just think it's limited. I need to use at least two of the steamer head covers just to do my living areas downstairs. Depending on the mess (spilled drinks, tracked in mud) those two mop head things may not even be close to enough. If I'm not careful, what ends up happening is that the mess just gets steamed around the whole floor so that when it's done I have dull floors from the evenly spread film.

And yes, at this point I am moping every. single. day. Sometimes as much as morning AND evening.

I guess, my point is that the steam isn't magic. If the steam mop cover is dirty on both sides, then essentially you're steaming all that gross-ness all over the floors.

allisonintx
03-12-2010, 11:33 PM
My mop areas are relatively small, and I used two pocket covers in each space :yes. I use the big ones in one area and the smaller rectangles in the other. Well I say "I". Really my kids fight over who gets to do it... For now.

Rabbit
03-13-2010, 01:15 AM
My kitchen is technically 12'x8'. The mopable space is 8'x3'. And that's being generous. It takes both sides of one small mop head. (I don't have the extra large.) But what other mop compares? What mop can do better?

I was moping on my hands and knees, and I went through more rags and used straight vinegar, to got less clean floors out of it. Plus, I moped significantly less often.

My ideal kitchen would come with a center drain and a pressurized super heated hose.

BlessedBlue
03-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Just. can't. imagine. paying. $100. for. a. mop...

:shifty

Seriously, the very thought of it makes me twitch! How do you all justify that?

(And, for BlessedBlue, I'm thinking about my next home, not this one, because the next one will most certainly NOT have carpet in the kitchen and bathrooms.)

Well, you know me - I have tons of money to waste, er, spend. :rolleyes I didn't pay full price for it. I had a GC to Walmart, and found a great deal online at the Walmart Marketplace. I think I spent $30 of my own money. :shifty

I hate icky sponge mopheads. They collect hair :shiver, never rinse clean, and yes - spread icky film around every time you mop. You have to use chemicals (that you buy and pay for) to help sanitize, because you know that sponge is anything but sanitary. Even if you use vinegar, you'd still be paying a lot for cleaner.

I tried a swiffer wet-jet. I really made a good go of it. At the time I had ceramic tile flooring in my entire home. ICK! The floor was clean only for the amount of time it took the cleaning fluid to dry. Then the floor was tacky. And that tackiness collected dirt. So 5 minutes after I mopped, I would have a sticky dirty floor that was worse than when I started. :banghead

I tried another mop - as seen on tv. It was one of those that rinsed clean, and was super absorbant, yadda, yadda, yadda. It was ok. I still had to purchase cleaners for it, though. I used it up (ie, it fell apart) - there's a new one around here somewhere...

But the steam mop - sanitizes WITHOUT chemicals, not even vinegar is needed. I don't need to buy anything for it - other than the water in my tap. It should pay for itself within the year. Considering that I hated mopping (for the above issues) and put it off for as long as humanly possible, the fact that I mop more now has got to be worth something to the health of my family. I don't have to worry about fumes. I don't have to gate off the room I'm working in - because it's steam, it dries almost instantly. The kids think it's fantastic, and I'm seriously considering giving the next mopping job to my 6 year old. It has an adjustable handle - so I *can*. :p

BHope
03-13-2010, 06:44 AM
But what other mop compares? What mop can do better?

I was moping on my hands and knees, and I went through more rags and used straight vinegar, to got less clean floors out of it. Plus, I moped significantly less often.

When my floors aren't particularly dirty, nothing compares to the steam mop. Although, usually I can only do one room with both mop covers. Which means I have to break to wash the covers before doing the office area, entry way, and/or kitchen and dining. Never mind the upstairs areas.

However, if I have something spilled on the floor or, if I have to do all the floors in a limited amount of time, then I really do prefer the old mop (http://luckybogey.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/1546016ozcottondeckmop_4.jpg) and bucket routine. I may have to change my water as I switch rooms, but at least that options available to me and I know when I'm done the floors will be clean and streak free. (ETA: Yes, this means that I have to use a cleaning solution. It's not a perfect system, which is why we bought the steam mop to begin with. Unfortunately I'm not particularly blown away by the steam mop's limitations.)

BlessedBlue
03-13-2010, 06:47 AM
You *can* buy more of the cloth heads for the steam mop. :scratch

Allison
03-13-2010, 06:48 AM
:lol I took my handheld steamer out to clean the cabinets yesterday and it doesn't work! That means I need a new one. I might as well get a new steam mop while I'm at it. Right? :shifty

allisonintx
03-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Rationalization is more important than sex..... After all, when is the last time you went a week without rationalizing? :shifty :duck

Blue-EyedLady
03-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Rationalization is more important than sex..... After all, when is the last time you went a week without rationalizing? :shifty :duck

:roll

TuneMyHeart
03-13-2010, 08:23 AM
does anyone know if the costco price is the best? I can't find a better price anywhere, and I'm tired of looking. It's $95 at the store.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11525800&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|51568&N=4015749&Mo=15&No=10&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=51568&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&topnav=national

I was hoping there would be a costco coupon some time, but I'm tired of mopping on my hands/knees. I really need to be able to mop daily, and it's not getting done very often right now.

Psyche
03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure what Bed Bath and Beyond's price is but they routinely give out 20% off coupons, so coupled with that it may be a better price.

TuneMyHeart
03-13-2010, 08:35 AM
$119 at BBB. Close to the same price as Costco...

anyone have the deluxe pocket mop? it just has extra pads, I think...

who knew buying a mop would be so confusing? :lol

klpmommy
03-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Allison's is the deluxe-- she said it had a bigger water reservior & the handle adjusts in height making it easier for the short ones to mop for us moms. ;)

JellyBean
03-13-2010, 08:46 AM
does anyone know if the costco price is the best? I can't find a better price anywhere, and I'm tired of looking. It's $95 at the store.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11525800&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|51568&N=4015749&Mo=15&No=10&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=51568&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&topnav=national

I was hoping there would be a costco coupon some time, but I'm tired of mopping on my hands/knees. I really need to be able to mop daily, and it's not getting done very often right now.

I got mine for 85 at Kohls with a 30% off coupon. But I think you have to have a kohls card to get 30% off.

BHope
03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
We have the deluxe. It came with two of the large pads, two triangle pads and some other pads we've never used (carpet? Something else?) Walmart had the handheld steam mop and the bigger one for under $80 each a couple weeks back.

You *can* buy more of the cloth heads for the steam mop. :scratch:shrug3 Of course. Unfortunately, at this time, it's not anywhere near the top of my budget.

I just think folks should be aware that this could be an issue for them. If you (general, non-specific) have predominately hardwood or tile then you're going to need to invest in more mop head covers or you'll end up right where I am. Disappointed.

Also, the extra covers still don't change the fact that the chemical free steaming does not leave my wood floors shiny. (Clean? Sure, if I use multiple mop heads or if my floor wasn't all that grimy to start.) I do realize that if the "glossy clean" look is really a result of "chemicals" then probably I should figure out a way to change my perspective on what constitutes a clean, cared for floor. Unfortunately, I miss having sparkling shiny floors that dust up easily.

FWIW, if you asked my husband, he's not in the least disappointed. He LOVES the shark steam mop. So the one bonus has been that mopping has become a chore that he eagerly will do around the house. :giggle

musicmama
03-13-2010, 08:52 AM
let's not forget Costco's awesome return policy, you don't even need a receipt or the box. :shifty

So, if you get it and hate it, take it back :lol

Blue-EyedLady
03-13-2010, 09:31 AM
And just for the sake of argument - you all would agree that the Shark brand is the one to get, not, for example, Bissell or another less expensive brand? And that the "pocket" mop is the only way to go, not the deluxe or other cheaper Shark steam mops?

JellyBean
03-13-2010, 09:47 AM
And just for the sake of argument - you all would agree that the Shark brand is the one to get, not, for example, Bissell or another less expensive brand? And that the "pocket" mop is the only way to go, not the deluxe or other cheaper Shark steam mops?

Not sure on other brands but you definitely want the pocket. I bought the deluxe and returned it because it doesn't swivel. The need for swiveling is huge for me! Its especially needed if your wanting to clean around toilets.

Quietspirit
03-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Can it be used on hardwood floors? Most of my first floor is hardwood.

Psyche
03-13-2010, 11:37 AM
We got the deluxe model and love all the extra pads.

Amber
03-13-2010, 01:33 PM
So, would one of the hand held steamers be good for something like...say getting rid of the pee smell from having two small boys that pee standing up and have questionable aim :shifty

Psyche
03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
So, would one of the hand held steamers be good for something like...say getting rid of the pee smell from having two small boys that pee standing up and have questionable aim :shifty

I've heard that it is better to pre wipe down then steam mop it, otherwise it smells like steamy pee.

newday
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
I've heard that it is better to pre wipe down then steam mop it, otherwise it smells like steamy pee.

mmmmmm - steamy pee :giggle [:sick]

Rabbit
03-13-2010, 02:46 PM
It'll do the floor around the potty, but I use the handheld steamer on the potty, and I use the concentrator nozel and paper towels.

Costco ran a coupon the first month they carried the mop. I'm guessing there won't be another one soon. I was kicking myself so bad because my new steam mop from Target didn't have the extra large head, and I paid $120 for it. When I'm ready, I'll buy the missing head.

Another bonus for buying from Costco is a discount coupon that comes with it for buying more covers.

I'm thinking about sewing my own.

TuneMyHeart
03-13-2010, 06:29 PM
our vacuum cleaner is now broken. my shower head cracked tonight and won't even stay up. there's also something wrong with our fridge. :nails

we won't be buying a mop any time soon. :pout

thanks for the heads up about the costco coupon. Too bad I missed it.

Emerald Orchid
03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Must get this! Having more than one kid has ruined my floor cleaning abilities. :shifty

Niphredil
03-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I must say I never, ever thought I would see a 7 page thread on a mop! :lol

It's almost enough to make me want to pull out my mom's. Almost. :shifty

Rabbit
03-13-2010, 08:22 PM
The only way I was able to get one was birthday money from my grandmother. :hug