PDA

View Full Version : How/where do you store your glass jars?

mommylove
03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I love using glass. My pyrex stacks nicely, but the jars drive me nuts. I have a large pantry which is where I'm storing the jars. But it's not working very well. Perhaps I have too many. :shrug3 They just take up so. much. room. Right now I don't have any in the freezer, but I often times have up to 6 mason jars in there. Ugh. My pantry is too full of jars.

What do you do?

Leen
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM
:popcorn because we have the same problem...sooo many jars. The full ones we store on top of our cupboards (like with pickles and such in them) but the empties are just clogging up our cupboards...not sure where to put them.

Autumn
03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Just subbing - I've wondered this too

knitlove
03-03-2010, 07:44 AM
mine live in the basement, but I grew up with empty jars being in the garage.

WanderingJuniper
03-03-2010, 07:53 AM
i have the same problem. I tried to store them on top of the cabinets but they get dirty. I don't have a pantry so they often end up just sitting on my counter all in the way.

Sweet Life
03-03-2010, 08:11 AM
empty jars go in the basement
i have a few stored in the kitchen along with my pyrex for when i need an empty 'right now'
my filled ones are in the pantry (in the kitchen, obviously ;) )

dukeofhazzard
03-03-2010, 08:14 AM
So I guess "falling out of my cabinets anytime we open them" is not a helpful answer to your question :shifty :giggle?

Um, yeah, I definitely have too many, but I have different sizes and I *need* them all!!

If anyone has any cool suggestions, I'm all ears!!

Mama Rophe
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Empties are stored in a cabinet set aside for jars alone. Once it is full, no more may go in(as in we just recycle glass jars from spag. sauce and such) and no more may be bought.

Full ones are stored with canned goods in the pantry.

We use our jars for leftovers mainly, so they are used almost on a daily basis.

knitlove
03-03-2010, 01:00 PM
We use our jars for leftovers mainly, so they are used almost on a daily basis. :jawdrop :dohwhy did I never think of that!

ThreeKids
03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
We keep them in the basement, but that's a time-honored arrangement meant for once a year retrieval of empties. If I was trying to keep them in a rotation, I would probably keep them in the same place because they're safest there. I do occasionally grab one to store something that has to be super-tight, but not on a daily basis.

Drifting off-topic as usual...
My grandma kept extras in outdoor sheds. Retrieval would involve removal of some disgusting things. You get that with basements, but not so much. I don't know why she didn't just turn them upside down.