PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Monday, March 1

filmgirl2911
03-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

Welcome to March - can you believe how fast this year is going by already??? I hope that the Baby Steps Home Challenge is helping you create strong habits for this New Year :heart

Okay - it's Monday again so we're just going to spend some time trying to catch up from the weekend (especially since I did not post a weekend edition - it was my daughter's second birthday on Saturday, so we were busy getting ready for, celebrating and then cleaning up from her birthday party :D). Today, we'll focus mostly on recovery and tidying of hot spots :)

Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men . . ."
(let your work at home be a form of worship to God :heart)

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate; this is probably a good Monday and Tuesday activity for anything that gets pulled out and not put back during the weekend activities ;))

20-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)
bathroom catch up / tidying (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area and counters; not more than 15 minutes in here)
living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

No Challenges Today :D

Soaring Eagle
03-01-2010, 05:34 AM
I think I'll join in this challenge...I need motivation...:)

erinee
03-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes

20-minute kitchen recovery
bathroom catch up / tidying
living space tidying
Clutter Buster

Two Do List: Sew patches on Zach's Scout uniform; work on assignment for class

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today and share what you all did here: Read to Zach, did puzzles with Megan.

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day

Daily Challenge - a little me time: Had waaaaaay too much of that today! :blush

inesperada
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I have done my 20 minute kitchen recovery already! :tu

The equivalent of two five-minute- challenges are done, I think. :)

Also started two loads of laundry and pulled one from yesterday out of the dryer. I need to work on mt. clean laundry soon. :shifty

I'm having a good, motivated day. :tu

MaiMama
03-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry doing loads. really need to put away.

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes

20-minute kitchen recovery check!
bathroom catch up / tidying
downstairs check!
living space tidying partial
Clutter Buster

Two Do List
make menu/grocery list
grocery shop

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today and share what you all did here

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day check!

Daily Challenge - a little me time

Subbing Thanks!

Peridot
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm having trouble getting motivated today. :O

5 min challenge- I tidied the bathroom
Laundry- I put the towels through their extra rinse.
Your new habit- self-care
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes- tidied the playroom
bathroom catch up / tidying see above
living space tidying
Clutter Buster
Two Do List
* wash diapers
* clean laundry folded and away

Well, I got started I guess.

filmgirl2911
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I have done my 20 minute kitchen recovery already! :tu

The equivalent of two five-minute- challenges are done, I think. :)

Also started two loads of laundry and pulled one from yesterday out of the dryer. I need to work on mt. clean laundry soon. :shifty

I'm having a good, motivated day. :tu

:tu Keep up the good work and motivation - it's inspiring for the rest of us :yes

I'm having trouble getting motivated today. :O

Laundry- I put the towels through their extra rinse.
Your new habit- self-care
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes- tidied the playroom
living space tidying
Clutter Buster
Two Do List
* wash diapers

Well, I got started I guess.

I have this problem *every* day :O :giggle But, I strive to at least keep up with my kitchen because that is my key place - it makes me feel good to be able to come into the kitchen and start a meal without having to sift through dirty dishes. The rest of the house, well . . . :shrug3

I think I'll join in this challenge...I need motivation...:)

Glad you are here :D Hope this helps with your motivation. It has helped me to at least have a daily focus, even if I don't get through the whole list ;)

Peridot
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Laundry- Diapers are through their first rinse and now on their hot soak cycle.
Your new habit- self-care- polished some of my earrings
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes- tidied the top of my dresser.
20-minute kitchen recovery- I've only done about 2 5 min stretches here. Minimus for some reason HATES when I do dishes. :doh
living space tidying
Clutter Buster
Two Do List
* wash diapers

I spent time today making my schedule/calendar for the week, and my menu and grocery lists. I usually have that done before monday.

Llee
03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm being bad today and not really joining in. Well, I've done the kitchen recovery and hung up the diapers to dry and put in a load of laundry. But I spent most of yesterday and this morning finishing up editing/formatting someone's thesis proposal and getting ready/having company, so I'm taking a break today. I'll be back tomorrow though Judith--have no fear!

Huh, just looked over my list and it seems that I'm doing things that your challenges have heped to become habit, even if I'm not formally participating today. Thanks!

inesperada
03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Folded about half of mt. clean laundry. :) We'll see what else happens during and after supper & bedtime. :)

inesperada
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Living room rescue is done-ish. I still need to finish folding and I may do some more intense organizing in there tonight....but the floor is mostly clear and vacuumed.

filmgirl2911
03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
inesperada - you are just busy, busy, busy! I'm impressed by how much you are getting done :tu

I'm going to post for tomorrow and head to bed here - not so much as a thought about what else I should try to do :no