PDA

View Full Version : out of laundry soap...

Leen
02-28-2010, 08:08 PM
And I have SOO MUCH laundry to do.

Do you think I could just throw a couple tbsp of Simple Green in and it would work? I think I've heard of/read of someone doing that before.

I can try to go get laundry soap tomorrow but it could be hard to get out of the house and I need to get going on Mt Laundry...

Firebird Rising
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
hope you found something. we always use original dawn dish soap when we're out of laundry soap. Just a few drops until it starts to foam when it's swishing.

Liberated4Christ
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I have used Dawn before, as well as straight Tea tree oil, OR Straight Borox. If you have Dr. Bronners bath soap. A capful of that will do the trick too.
At the present moment, we are loving our soap nuts! :yes

JessicaTX
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I've used dish soap and shampoo when i was out before. Not dishwasher detergent..that bleaches.

Julianne
03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I've used Simple Green plus borax for diapers. Don't see why it wouldn't work for regular laundry too. Rinses cleaner than regular detergent too. ETA: Or was it washing soda rather than borax? Hm, I don't remember.

March
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I've thrown in borax, washing soda, and Simple Green before.

Leen
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I wound up going out that night and just buying some. I've been horribly, horribly behind on laundry lately and I just had to bang through it and didn't have time to mess with making more of my own. I'll do it again soon...once the container I bought is gone.

Yeah, the problem was I was out of Borax and washing soda, too. :doh

I actually bought some Dr Bronner's since I posted this so next time I'll just use that!!

Thanks everyone. :heart