PDA

View Full Version : Help! I've never bought my own pots and pans!!!

prov31craftymom
02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
So, I'm buying new pots and pans. I need help to pick them out. I'm looking to spend less $150.00 for a complete set. We're talking, the different pans and the different pots with lids. No-stick. Not something super thin and flimsy. I want them to last for a really long time. So I want them durable. Dishwasher safe. Anyone have any suggestions?

scrappyknits
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I have a set of Lagostina (http://www.lagostina.ca/html/collection.asp) cookware - I received them as a wedding gift. They don't have "non stick" surface inside, but things rarely stick to them. They are reasonably priced, have nice thick bottoms and are great quality. Best of all, they have a LIFETIME warrantee - which is very promptly honoured, we've discovered already!

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

oh, look, they do have non-stick ones, too! lol I simply have the stainless steel set.

Aerynne
02-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I love my Farberware! The pots are not non-stick but they are stainless steel, very durable, and I don't have a problem with them sticking. You don't really need a non-stick pan to cook noodles or soup, etc. And they will last! Not only does my mom still have and use daily the Farberware she got for her wedding, she even has one of my grandmother's Farberware pots and it's still fine and she still uses it. They last forever!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=farberware&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13497867423243998250&ei=oEqLS7jNK4yesgP-isGGAw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCoQ8wIwBQ#ps-sellers

However, I do think you need non-stick frying pans. The Farberware ones are not as long-lasting as some others, but I suggest you buy the set above, use the pots and saucepans, etc, forever, and use the frying pans as long as they last (should be several years, anyway). In the mean time, I'd be saving money for some anodized aluminum frying pans. They're pricey, but they last well and are safer than teflon. Some others on here would probably tell you they're not safe and to get cast iron frying pans, though.

Monet
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
I LOVE my Calphalon non-stick, look for sales or shop discount. Not dishwasher safe, I never put pans/pots in the dishwasher anyway.
http://www.calphalon.com/pages/home.aspx

pirandellian
03-04-2010, 06:02 PM
I have a Calphalon set as well, and I:heart them soooo much. They are pricier, but well worth it. They also carry lifetime warranties, although I haven't needed to use them (yet).

StumblinMama
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Didn't I read here that the Emeril Lagasse pots and pans are made by the same manufacturer of All Clad? I'd definitely have those on my list :tu

March
03-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Love my Calphalon from Target. I also love a well seasoned Magnalite for certain things, but they aren't non-stick. And a few good (again, well seasoned) black iron skillets and pots are a necessity!

rosethorn
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I got a set of Emeril pans (not non-stick though, we do not do teflon) from Costco a few years back for a very reasonable price.