PDA

View Full Version : Dyson owners...poll on whether they're worth it

Quiteria
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
So, if you own a Dyson, do you like it?

Has it broken yet? If so, was it covered under warrenty?

How long have you owned it?

Anything else you want to comment about the usefulness of the features or difference between models?

CakeLady
02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I :heart:heart:heart:heart:heart:heart:heart mine.

It hasn't broken and I've had it at least 5 years....and it's easier to clean/maintain....and it really doesn't lose suction.

Kiera
02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
OK so every single vacuum we had growing up (even the $2000 ones) plugged up and broke within a couple of years. Our dyson has lasted about 6 years so far and doesn't plug up. I love it! I def recommend it to everyone.

Six Little Feet
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I think you should change LIKE to LOVE!!

mezzogirl
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Love. Love. Love. My Dyson. We have had it for nearly five years, never had one problem.

Allison
02-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I've had mine for three years and I LOVE it. Right now I'm waiting on a new clutch because my roller brush belt broke. It kind of stinks that I can't get the parts at the store and that a new clutch costs nearly as much as a new lower grade vacuum but it's totally worth it, imo.

I'm hoping to get a new Dyson later this year. The ball one that is more compact would be nice for space saving.

I should mention that we are hard on vacuum cleaners but there has never been a clog I could very, very easily fix and it has truly never lost suction as long as the parts are in place correctly.

schmamy
02-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I've had mine for, hmm...about three years now? It was a tax refund purchase :) I haven't regretted it, ever. It's fabulous on bare floors and I have never had a problem with it.

MamaAcorn
02-28-2010, 08:37 AM
We've had it for 5 years and it still works great! We have a long-haired dog and do have to take it apart to clean it a few times a year, but it couldn't be easier!

Prior to buying the dyson, we would go through a vacuum every 18-24 months. It's worth it!

cheri
02-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I love my Dyson. We've had it for about a year and a half. It has great attachments that are so helpful for stairs, furniture, and the kitchen floor.

My dh wasn't sold on it due to the price. He initially thought that I was being ridiculous for wanting it, but we got it due to my dd's asthma issues. Even still, he made me to a test on it and if it didn't work well, he was going to return it. I vacuumed with our old vac in every room. And then I vacuumed with the Dyson to see if it picked up anything that the old vac left behind. The entire vacuum was filled after just one room.

Charlie U
02-28-2010, 11:43 AM
So, if you own a Dyson, do you like it?
:heart It's great.

Has it broken yet? If so, was it covered under warrenty?
Nothing's broken, yet. Nothing's been replaced on it, either. (Belts and the such.)

How long have you owned it?
3 years, maybe 4.

Anything else you want to comment about the usefulness of the features or difference between models?
We have the standard model. Thus far, it's been great. (Two kids and one dog her blows her coat.) If this one ever dies, I'd like an Animal. I really, really like this one.

UltraMother
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Have had mine for 4/5 yrs, I think. I was initially against the purchase, since they are so expensive, but it is the only vacuum I have ever owned that has lasted this long. If this one dies, I would like to get the model with the ball.
HOWEVER, not everyone needs a big powerful vacuum. If you are hesitant about the price and don't need heavy-duty cleaning, it might not be worth it.

Drew
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Love love love my Dyson. The closest thing to a problem I've had was going 2 years without washing the filter. :doh

GranolanRainbows
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I've had mine almost three years. I was wary, too, but I found one for about half price on craigslist. I LOVE IT! I'm extremely tough on it, and it still has never given me any problems. Very user-friendly (cord insertion up high, easy to operate attachments, easy to clean, almost no upkeep save cleaning the filter every six months...) and picks up everything!

mummy2boys
03-03-2010, 01:53 AM
So, if you own a Dyson, do you like it? I LOVE my Dyson :heart

Has it broken yet? If so, was it covered under warrenty? Never broken and we have had it for 3 years now

How long have you owned it? 3 years

Anything else you want to comment about the usefulness of the features or difference between models

We had to get ours due to my severe asthma and dust mite allergy and it has helped so much. The first time we used it on the carpet we nearly died with shock over how much it actually picked up!! It looked like we had new carpet. I have to vacuum every day and its marvellous :smile