PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Friday, February 26

filmgirl2911
02-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

It's Friday. Today's thread is the same as yesterday's to help us get into the weekend with a clean kitchen :)

Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men . . ."
(let your work at home be a form of worship to God :heart)

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)
bathroom catch up / tidying (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area and counters; not more than 15 minutes in here)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Elbow grease challenge for today - a little kitchen TLC :D

Take 20 minutes (set a timer) or three dance-along songs and spend some time tidying and cleaning in here. Start with the basics - clear any dishes out of the sink; load, run, empty the dishwasher; wipe down the counters. But then, spend some elbow grease time on a few key areas: how's that sink looking these days (scrubbed it lately???); how about those small appliances - do they need some wiping down? stove top clean? how about cabinet and drawer fronts - got any sticky handprints that need wiping off or a microwave that needs cleaning inside? How's your floor looking? At the end of the 20 minutes or three songs - you're done for now :heart

Come back to this room sometime later and repeat the 20 minutes (set a timer) or three dance-along songs. At the end of the 20 minutes or three songs - you're done :D

OPTIONAL elbow grease challenge - if you feel REALLY motivated today ;)

Tackle a popular junk drawer where you toss things when you tidy / clean up. Consider things you can toss, and consider a way (or ways) to help organize this space. Feel free to share what you do :heart

Llee
02-26-2010, 04:29 AM
5 minute challenge participation I can do this!

laundry Dry, fold, put away, wash, dry, fold, put away.

Your new habit Not too much time on FB is still my goal

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes I did it once this morning; will have to do again.

20-minute kitchen recovery Just a few touch-ups here and there.

bathroom catch up / tidying Sweep and mop and wash the shower curtain. Well, that's a maybe on the shower curtain.

living space tidying I'm hoping to get it all vacuumed before sundown. If it's not done before dh gets home, he'll do it.

Clutter Buster Need to take care of the to-file box

Two Do List Get $ order for windows. Grocery shopping.

Daily Kiddo Challenge If it's not windy, we'll go out.

Daily God Challenge I need/want to start memorizing a verse/week.

Daily Me Challenge I'm thinking nice bath time.

Kitchen Elbow Grease Challenge (three dance-along songs)

Elbow Grease (junk drawer)