PDA

View Full Version : supplement storage ideas

greenishmama
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
I know lots of us on GCM take multiple supplements (or at least have them and intend to take them!)
I need storage ideas. Right now my kitchen counter is getting cluttered. I try to have out the ones that I'm using during illnesses so they are handy and I can pop them into me or the kids. So I have all these brown tincture bottles, supplement bottles, saline nose sprays, etc. on the counter. We don't seem to have much room in the kitchen cabinets for them. The cabinet that would make the most sense there just isn't room- it's the dishes and glasses cabinet. I have some extras we don't use very often in the bathroom cabinet.

Any creative ideas for keeping them handy but out of sight?

Raspberries
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
We use a kitchen cabinet for the dailies. We did a lot of decluttering to make that space available. Then for only used during illness (tinctures, oregano oil, etc.) we cleared out a linen closet shelf.

Mama Rophe
02-24-2010, 12:08 PM
All of our suppliments take up a two door kitchen cupboard. Both shelves. Things like EO's are stored in the bathroom cupboard.

greenishmama
02-24-2010, 12:19 PM
All of our suppliments take up a two door kitchen cupboard. Both shelves. Things like EO's are stored in the bathroom cupboard.

wow- you must have a LOT!! how do you make them easily accessible in the cabinet so you arent' digging for something in the back?

Mama Rophe
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
When you figure that part out, let me know. :lol We keep the stuff we use daily on the bottom at the front. All homeopathics are in a basket, all bach flowers are in another basket and the rest of it is just shoved up there.

Maggirayne
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Subbing
Mine are on a 2-tier carousel on top of the fridge, but our new house has a cabinets on top. :think

Oh, but my dailies are on the counter. I want to put my dailies in a 30-day big thingy.

Aerynne
02-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Lots and lots of spice racks (check thrift stores) in the kitchen and the bathroom. I'm a neat freak so I like everything on display neatly and so I can find it.

I'm still looking for a way to store dry herbs, though. They come in amounts too big for spice jars.

Raspberries
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Lots and lots of spice racks (check thrift stores) in the kitchen and the bathroom. I'm a neat freak so I like everything on display neatly and so I can find it.

I'm still looking for a way to store dry herbs, though. They come in amounts too big for spice jars.
I use different size mason jars for my herbs. It works great.

Aerynne
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I use different size mason jars for my herbs. It works great.

That's a good idea. What do you store them on/in?

Mama Rophe
02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I put my herbs in glass jars too. They are in another cupboard.

Raspberries
02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
That's a good idea. What do you store them on/in?
Mine are on a shelf in my pantry. I use lots of jars for bulk storage. I like the way it looks and how well they keep.

Mom2fourofthem
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I put back ups out in the utility room locked up in cabinets, antibiotics and stuff over the fridge locked up and daily stuff in the cabinet with 3 child locks on it ;)

greenishmama
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Subbing
Mine are on a 2-tier carousel on top of the fridge, but our new house has a cabinets on top. :think

Oh, but my dailies are on the counter. I want to put my dailies in a 30-day big thingy.

What do you mean by a 30-day big thingy? Is it a container you can sort your supplements into and it holds 30 days worth? Where do you get one?

My mother has this round canister with several compartments but the dispenser hole is too small for some things and she bought it some odd place- can't remember- but some place that seemed not an option for me.