PDA

View Full Version : If you use Charlie's Soap, talk to me please...

Sweet Life
02-23-2010, 07:13 AM
I have read (mostly) really great things about Charlie's. I need to purchase some new soap for our cloth dipes anyways, and I'm thinking about switching to Charlie's for all our laundry for a few months and see how it works for us.

If you use Charlie's...

How does it do on stains? (If you use another product for bad stains, what do you use?)

If you use it in a HE front load washer, do you adjust the amount of detergent? (I assume *less* is needed?)

Do you prefer the powder or the liquid? Do you like the pump that comes with the liquid?

Add any other thoughts, please!

TIA!

geegee
02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
I Love Charlies!!!Charlies has gotten out even the worse stains.Our socks are clean again without bleach.All I can say is it works and it is gentle and getts out those really bad smells!

Aerynne
02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I use it. I don't really expect it to get stains out- I use stain remover for that. I use the powder. It works fine and leaves no smell. :tu

missythemom
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I have used it too. I really liked it.It cleaned really well and didn't leave any smell other than "clean". As far as stains go it worked well on those too.

Havilah
02-24-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm interested in HE experiences, too. I felt like my clothes weren't super fresh using Charlie's soap. They smelled vaguely... not so fresh... when they were wet. Once they were dry they were fine. :shrug3

I went back to old faithful Tide and they smell fresh when they are wet... but they smell like Tide so it's hard to tell. :-/

milkmommy
02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
I used charlies exclusivly for quite a while I had/have a top loader I did the liquid and added a single squirt per large full load diapers clothing ect always came out clean stain free ect...
However after some time DD started really reacting to it we'd done the powederd version at first but had to switch because shes broke out with the powder but then shes had the same issue with the liquid... We eventually had to give it up completely.

Deanna

Sweet Life
02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I checked the Charlie's website and they said that bc the soap dissolves so well it is not necessary to adjust for a HE washer. But they also said sometimes people prefer to do so. :-/

I went ahead and ordered a small supply; we'll see how it works for us.

milkmommy - does your dd have sensitive skin or allergies to other things?

Thanks for all the replies so far. :)

milkmommy
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
C is sensitive to washing soda so we have to be careful if using a powedered detergent. but no known allergies.. SHe does react horribly to something in ALL 7th generation products even there hand soaps or paper towels its weird but we have no idea what..

Deanna

abh5e8
02-27-2010, 08:21 PM
we have VERY sensitive skin here. we use charlies powder. i use 1 tablspoon per load...its a pretty new maytag front loader. does an awesome job on diapers. good on clothes too. i was using a homemade power of borax, washing soda and fels naptha but i think that was too strong and was fading our clothes. i do have issues with stains...mostly cuz ds kills his food and leaves it all over his clothes...adn we just toss them into the basket and let them sit days before washing. :bag (i'm working on that part of the routine. :)) otherwise clothes are very clean.

its pretty cheap, really. works great. no irritation to our skin, clothes still look nice. i even use diaper cream sometimes :bag (i know...not supposed to) but the charlies gets it all out...no repeling issues at all. no stink either and we use microfiber inserts overnight. HTH!!