PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Need advice on a spill

tigerlily
02-20-2010, 11:40 AM
I left a ($17.00) box of Country Save detergent on the back of my washing machine. It had been there safely for 2 weeks before deciding to attempt a leap to the floor. Sadly, much of the detergent will not be returning to the box. R.I.P. about $6.oo of my husband's hard earned paycheck.

Anyway, in it's fall it managed to land on top of the drain that sits behind the washer. Any ideas on cleaning it up? I salvaged what I could (with a lot of lint now in my box of soap:-/) Do you think I could pour buckets of water over it and rinse it away? I'm a little worried that if we have a big flood this spring, our drains will back up and then I'd have suds all over my basement. Hmm...that actually might be motivation to get the junk cleaned up down there.:shifty

Ask your husbands! Call your plumber! Get thee to a nunnery! -- oops wrong situation.

As always, any advice appreciated;).

Hermana Linda
02-20-2010, 12:29 PM
So, let me see if I understand the situation. You have swept up what you can but there is some which fell down into the drain where you can't get it? Is that correct? Have you also vacuumed with the crevice tool? :think

tigerlily
02-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Ahh.. the vacuum. You are infinitely wise Hermana Linda:O

Hermana Linda
02-20-2010, 12:35 PM
It comes with age experience. ;)